1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuff That Annoys You

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Johi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

damn right...
    but of course I also mean Myself and not you. At least with the first point :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Zombies? There are members on this board who still watch cartoons. They seem fine to me, despite watching Cartoon Network. I think they call their cartoons Anime, or something. Nevertheless, they seem no worse off to me.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Martaug: From my experience, Pot fits all three categories too.

Kitrax: When people make a joke about me having multiple wives, I inform them that I;m having enough trouble finding a first one. And in response to your second #4, I hate having to hold in a fart when I really have to let one rip! A man can only tolerate so much pressure...

Chandos: I love Robot Chicken. I also like Family Guy, South Park and the Simpsons. I occasionally catch King of the Hill and American Dad...

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Kit - What?!, you mean you're not a Mormon? Well, ya know..I just assumed... And the Polygamist thing is obvious, you just like Jessica the best and that is why you talk about her all the time. You do seem to have a lot of pictures in your album with just you and a number of other ladies...

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me shoots Dfly, douses her with gas, lights her on fire, and then pees on her ashes. :evil: :p

Those "other ladies" are just....ummm....friends. Yeah...firends....nothing more. :mommy: :rolling:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I thought you had to be Mormon to be allowed into Salt Lake City. You learn something every day. So that city isn't the world's biggest commune then? That means that TV has lied to me! I wonder what else isn't true.

7. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah kitrax is either a polygamist or a pimpdaddy!! :)

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Chandos: Fine, fine. I watch cartoons myself and I'd watch Cartoon Network if it'd be available. Not Scooby-Doo though. But to prove my point, would it be better if I' be willing to claim I'm a philosophers zombie? It only might seem as if there's something going on in my head...

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I laughed. :p

10. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Iku - I don't watch the cartoons myself, and have never watched an entire Scooby-Doo, just a few minutes here and there (thanks for the spelling). But I am a Stooges fan.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey, Don't pee on me! That is very annoying. :p

12. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

now now Dragonfly, we all know that secretly you have a thing for golden showers:outta: (quickly runs away before she can hit me with large stick)

13. Gnarfflinger

No, Harbs, you don't have to be a Mormon to get into SLC. They WANT non Mormons to visit...

Also, when I went to Utah a few years ago, the woman I went to meet found a half full beer can on the Grounds of the Ogden Temple! Talk about out of place. At least she didn't blame me for it...

14. Kitrax

Media:
    IIRC, Utah's mormon population is somewhere in the low 40 percentile....
    Read this for further info:
    According to the 2004 count, Utah is now 62.4 percent LDS with every county showing a decrease.
    The LDS Church said its count comprises "all members" - including children in LDS families under age 8, when most Mormons are baptized, and nonpracticing members.
    Professor Tim Heaton, who studies LDS demographics for church-owned Brigham Young University, says the county numbers probably come from church membership rolls, and that between half and one-third of those people are not active in the faith. If that's true, then, at most, 41.6 percent of Utahns are church-going Mormons.

So it doesn't surprise me there was a can of beer near a temple...the temple grounds are always well kept, so random people often relax there. Just because ~60% of the population doesn’t agree with what goes on inside the temple, doesn't mean they don't like gardens, architecture, and general quietness.

But to bet back on the subject, it's very annoying that 40% of the population forces their beliefs on the other 60% via the state legislature. :bang: :rolling:

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I figure I'll make a big ol' list, because there are lots of specifics when I think about it. :p

• People who misuse or even ignore the noble apostrophe. I've started to expect it with establishments like Dominos Pizza and Denny's, but when I see it on Uni notices or official governmental stuff it still annoys me. I once saw it on a Bebo usergroup: "Blonde's Only". :lol:
    • The price of flowers. Honestly, they're just flowers...they shouldn't cost $20!
    • The afternoon drowse. It's bad when I have lectures at that exact time.
    • Bananas. I had them daily for about a whole year.
    • Ham sandwiches; see above.
    • People who misquote stuff: it's not "Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well"; it's "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest..."
    • People who only know a snippet of Shakespearean quotes and then use them entirely out of context OR to sound pretentious. The best example is "To be, or not to be. That is the question" - I mean, few people know the following lines - "Whether 'tis nobler for the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them."
    • Literature studies; finding meaning in things when they're just not there.
    • Freud. Screw you, buddy. I thought a Shakespeare course would be fun, but nooo, you had to go and see sexual organs in everything. I'm sensing a trend, so I'll move on :p)
    • People who distribute chainmail without first consulting snope.com.
    • People who spell my name wrong. It's MICHAEL. How hard can it be? I've seen it spelt Mical, Micheal, and something resembling Mitchell.
    • For that matter, people who spell my last name wrong too. "What's your last name?" "Lee." "??" "L-e-e." "L-a-a." "No, e." "A?" "E." "A?" "E...as in elephant. L-e-e." "Oh...okay. *writes Michael Laa*"
      You will not believe the amount of times this has happened.
    • Telemarketers. "Hello Mister Lee would you be interested in a holiday hotel in Sydney?!?!?!?!?!?"
    • Braggy people who ooze bragginess even when they're not bragging.
    • The Modernist movement. I mean, wtf? Seriously, wtf? Why do we have to get a crappy movement like that? Why can't we get the Italian Renaissance, or the impressionist movement, or...instead, we get music that doesn't sound like music, paintings that look likes MS paintjobs, and art that is literally rubbish. Great.
    • People who misuse the word "literally". It's not an intensifier.
    • People who, instead of doing something constructive, post on forums, much like yours truly.

16. Gnarfflinger

I'll bet that more of that 40% get out to vote than of the other 60%. It's not the Church itself, but politicians that want to suck up to the people that vote! Put the blame where it is due...

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...when the majority of the politicians are Mormon, it's hard to believe they're not bringing their religion to work with them. :bad:

I'll just call you Mike...how's that? :rolling:

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That might work. *makes a note about 'Mika'*

:p

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have decided to add Exams to my list. Nothing to like about them, everything to hate (3 hour exam. Gah!)

20. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Swinging emotions are what annoys me the most at the moment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.