1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can feel no sense of measure
    No illusions as we take
    Refuge in young man's pleasure
    Breaking down the dreams we make

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Pretty sure that's Yes, Leave It.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pretty sure you're right. :)

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Cry to the angels,
    I'm gonna rescue you

5. dmc

Media:
    This needs some more lyrics:

Crash and burn
    All the stars explode tonight

6. Splunge

Media:
    Tiny Bubbles by Don Ho

7. dmc

Media:
    Always count on Splunge for an absurdity (so, no, sorry, you aren't correct). This shouldn't be all that hard. Lead singer is a widow.

8. Splunge

Media:
    Missed it by that much.

Well, I'm guessing Hole, but I'm not really familiar with their music.

9. Splunge

Media:
    I Can't Believe I Ate The Hole Thing - by Hole

10. dmc

Media:
    No, although very funny. I'll listen to my MP3 player and pick another song.

Anyway, it was a Hole song, Malibu.

New lyric::

Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  11. Splunge

Media:
    Well, I shouldn't be doing this, since I just got back from the lake and I'm leaving for California early tomorrow morning, but in the interest of keeping this going:

Blondie - Heart of Glass.

Assuming I'm right, someone else can take my turn.

12. dmc

Media:
    You are correct.

13. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'll take Splunge's offer.

Heaven bends to take my hand
    And lead me through the fire.

14. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Those are the first two lines from Sarah McLachlan's "Fallen" I believe

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yup, McLachlan's Fallen it is.

16. theGodless Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Media:
    Yay.
    OK here goes. In which song do you find these sarcastic lyrics:

Cool - groovy - morning - fine
    Tipper Gore was a friend of mine
    I love a free country
    the stars and stripes and an apple for mommy

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ha! I remember that one mainly due to its extra long name...it's
    Manic Street Preachers - Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart :lol: (The name is actually too long for the BoM...so it put a break in there...but IIRC, it's all one word. :shake: )

So I guess it's my turn.

Baby girl, I don't got a huge ol' house
    I rent a room in a house
    Listen baby girl,
    I ain't got a motorboat
    but I can float ya boat

Yes, I know they are awful lyrics, but the song's got a great beat that gets the girls out on the dance floor. :D :rolling:

18. theGodless Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Media:
    Right you are Kitrax.
    You gotta love the title, which if I'm not mistaken is a Lenny Bruce quote. :shake:

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...it's been a few days. Perhaps a hint is in order.

The Artist/Group's name is similar to a brand of shoes. :p :rolling:

20. Splunge

Media:
    Smell This - by The Nikes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.