1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trading

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by kylan271, Jun 14, 2008.

1. kylan271 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

:confused:I have looked throught he threads,but have found no detailed reference on how to sell items for the best prices. As I have found in game play(normal mode) it is not easy to gain a lot of money,considering the price of some items,mod and unmodded.

Charisma is listed as affecting the 'Store Price Modifier',but in testing this only applies to buying items. Seling seems only affected by the 'Merchant' feat.

Boedywn the Werewolf,in the Western Pass,after coercing him into a discount gives you the best prices it seems. Kings Tear gem 3000gp(human pc with merchant feat),at 2800gp others,and yeti pelt 525,and winter wolf pelt 750gp. I have not killed him yet since I need the money from trading.

Is there a way to increase the sale price of things? Charisma doesn't seem to help and I use "Eagles Splendor" to alter my CHR bonus on my Bard.?????????

2. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

As far as i know thats it. No other way to increase the selling price

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The one thing to keep an eye out for in all IE games is that the money you get for selling an item goes down the more of that item you sell. So the first diamond may get you (say) 750gp, the next one will get you 500gp, the third one 200gp, and so on, until it gets to a much lower value than the initial one. The only way to avoid this is to sell as many of the item as possible in one go (in other words, with on click of the "sell" button). I find this especially important in PST and IWD2, where you get far less money than in the other games.

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Kinda related..

What EXACTLY does one need to do to coerce Beodaewn into a super-merchant? I've been to Andora, talked about it there.. but never get the option to intimidate him. (Yes, using my pimped diplomat character.) Or do I need to talk to someone in the Ice Temple area as well?

5. kylan271 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hiyah,yep I had to discover this myself. You need to go to Andora first and talk to the Jaguar lady(Shapechanged Druidess) at the entrance and get her to mention the cult in the area. I can not remember the dialogue links. Do not ask to speak to the leader yet or pass through as I think you will loose the link?? Just say farewell after learning about the cult,then go back to Beodaewn(Sounds like "Bedouin"I think?)and their should be a dialogue option to expose him to the Ten Towns. Do not have a paladin or they will fight. He should negotiate a discount to say nothing. And NO with him the value does not drop the more you sell to him. I sold god knows over a hundred yeti pelts and no drop in price amongst others. I never killed him as I made most money from him. Heh. ^_* Only a dwarf in the underdark gives a discount..20% later on,but he will leave after a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.