1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite Weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Athalon, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hmmm, probably Namarra, so useful the entire game for that silence on the pesky spellcasters i always seem to have to kill at every turn. Next would be Azureedge, the throwing axe from the Copper Coronet, and the Flail of ages, another useful all the game weapon.

2. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

dualing Blade of Roses and Daystar i also love Belm and any magic shortsword!!!

3. shadow_thief Guest

Why do people use Sword of the Roses? It is not even a good weapon compared to others out there.

4. Adien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I prefer to dual blackrazor and daystar

5. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The holysword is probably the best weapon in the game. I also like the Soul Reaver, however, it is anti-good. Celestial Flury for its stunning abilities. The Wave Halberd. I'm not munch of a ranged weapon type player, but Gesen bow is handy with its own ammo, phantom arrows i believe. Lastly, the silver sword (vorpal) ... Well, these are the weapons i equip my adventurers with. I myself did not want to forge the Crom Faeyr because i like the strength enhancing items it gave to my players. When i cast strength of one, my players had an average of 19+ strength. It gives a good to hit and damage bonus. Sweet deal.

6. Lestatpoet Gems: 2/31

SoulReaver is definitely the best. Has been my trusty sidearm since I found it. Besides at high levels (i.e. TOB with higher attack numbers and special attacks), it can cripple even the mightiest of foes to the point they can not hit you.

7. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31

Indeed. The cumulative effect of the SoulReaver is formidable and it lasts for twenty rounds.!

8. Malekith Gems: 2/31

Im going with ragusa even on the crom thing.

lilarcor is just to damn funny. But currently im using the blade of roses, good weapon if u ask me!

9. Azzizz81 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Is there a Moonblade in the game? Serious question.

10. Gaelan Bayle Gems: 1/31

black razor is the best. i gotta say. Immunity to charm and fear, the level draining, and the regeneration every 5 seconds. Now that is good. imagine that double wielding two black razors and two ring of gaxxs. thats 4 hp in 5 secs. Ring of gaxx's 2 hps every 3 secs, blackrazors 2 hp every 5 secs. all you need my friend. You'll never die like this

11. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i got 2 favorite weapons the ras+2 got in trade meet after killing the dijini of the sales man that looks like a noble man it has the ability to jump out of users hand and fight on it own for 2 rounds and the war hammer +8 this is a special weapon the you need the war hammer +3 of thunder bolts the letter saying its real name the girdle of frost giant strenth and the gauntlets of oger strength and cromwel will forge it into a war hammer +8 that will kill giants instantly

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Flail of the Ages is a cool weapon!
    Slowing the target is a Coo.. :D ability.

13. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Soul Reaver+4 is the way to go!

14. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

actually thinking it over again. Now i have two favorite swords Black Razor and Lilacor.

Blackrazor, Long Sword +3
    This sword radiates evil like a sour odor, and the owner never knows if he
    wields the weapon, or if it wields him. In addition to its combat abilities,
    Blackrazor slowly regenerates its owner with the drained strength of
    opponents.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Ability :
    Regeneration: 1 hp every 5 seconds
    Immunity to Charm and Fear
    With every hit it has a 15% chance of draining 4 levels, healing the
    wielder by 20 hit points, and hasting him for 20 seconds as well as
    increasing his strength by 3 points for 20 seconds.
    THAC0: +3 bonus
    Damage: 1D8 +3
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: 2
    Proficiency Type: Long Sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 6 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage
    SOURCE: Dan Simpson

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Black razor would be lovely, if you had it for more than one battle in the game.

16. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

How could i forget the absolutely magnificent Joril's Dagger.

17. Eurythmic King of Nowhere Gems: 1/31

Where do I get Blackrazor? It seems like the best sword? You can only use it for one battle? Which battle is that. I just started playing

18. Messala Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Mine is the cutthroath swoard, one of the best in the game, but I cant argue with the good old Bastard Swoard either, they have got me outa a few scrapes. :)

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you just started playing, don't worry about Blackrazor. It's available legitimately only at the very end of the game.

I liked Jhor the Bleeder. It was fun to watch Drow run in a panic and then die a few steps away from the bleeding damage. :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 08, 2001).]

20. Elvadrielad Gems: 1/31

I like Flail of the Ages +5 (as in, with five heads). It's only a ToB item, and i had to do a little *ahem*, hacking to get it, but it is sweet! Instead of +1 damage for every head on it, with all 5 it gets +2 damage for each head!! It's not even funny watching the poor saps that I don't like die in front of my eyes. Poor babies.

P.S. Wait, it is funny. What was I thinking?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.