1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite Weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Athalon, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My favorite weapon is a quotable weapon. Lilacor of course!!! I love its voice and its constant talking. When I played SoA I gave Lilacor to Minsc. But since I started ToB, I didn't take Minsc anymore, Sarevok took his place. Then I gave him the talking sword. Well... I gave it to Sarevok my first time thru ToB, but then I got bored of it. I can still remember some quotes.
    "Kill, kill, kill"
    "As a sword im pretty one-sided on what I want"

2. PowerPuff Guest

My favorite would have to be the Cutthroat short sword. Everything a young assassin needs... :D

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The Celestial Fury.

Also Gesen's Bow and...

...Carsomyr, Carsomyr, Carsomyr. ^_^

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Although this topic isn't new .... but it usually is interesting. Some of my fav melee wepons by type:

l'sword - namarra, the equalizer
    2hd'sword: lilarcor, carsomyr, flame of the north
    flails: flail of the ages, defender of easthaven
    daggers: boneblade & firetooth
    katana's: celestial fury, malakar
    maces: skullcrusher, the mace of disruption
    halberds: dragonsbreath, the wave

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If you have katanas, and a kensai/mage or thief/mage, get Dak'kon's Zerth blade (of Deirdre in the Adventurer's mart), it gives bonus spells.

Also, if you are evil, after the Demon Lord has killed the Matron Mother and Phaere, you can offer him the silver dragon's eggs yourself, then ask for a tithe, and he will give you the Blackmist halberd

It's a +4 weapon, offers save vs spells 3x per day. Pretty good for the evil path... ^_^ Ouch, I'm contradicting myself. I read about it in a walkthrough.

Ragusa, you forgot

Hammers: Crom Faeyr.

Who wouldn't love that?

6. NAZAR Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If i am evil i will use Drizzt's Scimtars they rule.
    If I am good i am Ussualy a Paladin so i use the Paladin +5 sword, cant remember what its called, u get it from th ered dragon.

7. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Staff of the magi no doubt about that! ;)

8. Goblin Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the most infamous sword, Holy Avenger Carsomyr +5! How could you forget that sword!
    My favorite weapon is a scimitar. Watch out when you walk into a room full of Magic Golems, the only the guy who's gonna walk outta that room alive is me!

9. Athalon Gems: 5/31

Well, I like Staff of Magi too, but Lilacor is my favorite, talkin sword from da sewer. Staff of Magi works like a Ring of Invisibility from Baldur's Gate I. And it protects from evil everytime you equip or click on it on the bottom bar.

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

My top 3 favorites from SoA are:
    1)Celestial Fury-I would marry this sword ;)
    2)Staff of the Magi-awesome staff
    3)Azuredge-A trusty axe at your side. Evil beware.

Runners up-Crom Faeyr, Flail of Ages, Firetooth +3 (Dagger), and Pixie Prick :D

11. Gaelan Bayle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Me favorite weapon is my trusty enchanted Dagger +1. Coo! It slays all em beasts! I bet I could even take down that mage of ye, Irenicus. Coo! Them in the Cowls are me enemies and Ill stab em too! Coo!

12. shadow_thief Guest

Carsomyr +5, C'Fury, mace of disruption +2, staff of the magi, lilacor...I could name all the weapons I like but I'll leave it there.

13. Seid Gems: 5/31

Blackrazor and Silver Sword.

14. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Celestial Fury rules all!Carsomyr,Staff of Magi,Crom Faeyr I like too. :)

15. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31

I guess I like the Daystar, never had alot of those other weapons. I really hate undead.

16. zero Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The most finest and for me the best is celestial fury

17. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Aside from the few truly *great* weapons (Carsomyr, Staff of Magi, Cromfaeyr) the Blade of Roses is a good little sword. Works quite well with my Ranger -- she also wields the Dragonslayer in her off-hand, which makes a pretty deadly combo.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No, I didn't forget Crom - I actually never use it for I consider it to be overpowerd, and hyped as well and disgusting when wielded in the off-hand .... actually it is a waste of valuable strength enhancers. And I actually never felt the need to have or use crom - once I found out how to handle them I never had real problems both with golems and trolls (I think ranged weapons are the way to go for the intelligent adventurer - sling of everard & tansheron's bow & firetooth are way better on golems and as for trolls ... there are various arrows and bolts ...

I have the philosophy to disperse my str-THACO & damage boni on the whole party to be able to compensate losses - a char can be as strong and as good as hell - if he's stunned or held his str-25 will not prevent him from getting killed.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited August 04, 2001).]

19. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

man, the blade of roses is beauty and the beast. Don't forget about it. That big charisma bonus plus the fact that its easily the most powerful weapon you can get your hands on early in the game. I usually keep it in my off-hand for most of the game, unless I'm in a special situation.

20. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I think I liked the maces most, as I played a Ranger/Cleric. The Flail of Ages and the Skullcrusher. The Mace of disruption rarely worked for me (as in it never seemed to kill undead in a single blow, instead of rarely.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.