1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

European Championship!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by joacqin, May 27, 2008.

1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    "Football is game played by 22 people for 90 minutes...and at the end Germany wins." ;)

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Small correction on my last post, when it comes to will I think the Turks have outdone even the Russians. Turkey is where they are on will alone, Russia has shown immense will as well but in the will department they are just outdone by the Turks while Russia is by far the better football team. I predicted a Germany - Spain final before the tournament but I hope I am wrong but I won't mind, I like all the teams that are left even though I have a serious crush on Russia.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Toni has been utter, utter gash. Having no Gattuso and Pirlo hurt Italy yesterday. But, again, the game was very boring! Germany should win it now.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

A well deserved win for Russia. The Dutch didn't play as they did in their poule-matches. Remarkable is that 3 of the 4 semi-finalists didn't play well in the poules and ended second there. It seems to be hard te deal with the favorite-role. I hope Spain will win because I predicted that, or else Russia because they are an outsider and they play great attractive soccer.

5 others are injured, so they have only 2 field players and their 3rd goalkeeper on the bench. They will even make a fieldplayer-shirt for the 3rd goalkeeper, so when they need to replace an injured player and they already had 2 substitues they can let de third goalkeeper play as a fieldplayer.

So I guess Germany will go to the finals easily, with bad soccer, except for the quarter final. I hope the winner of the tournament will come will be Spain or Russia.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just read in one of the local papers that Turkey may let their 3rd goalkeeper play forward. Four of their players are blocked for too many yellow/red cards and five are out with injuries.

EDIT: And I see Headbanger was writing about this, too. Talk about parallel posting! :grin:

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Great minds think alike ;)

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Coming back to the Dutch not cheering too much in the Russia match.

I was there once again, and it was crazy in Basel there were 178000 thousand people from the netherlands and every Swiss person there was in orange as well. I've never seen anything like it ever! There was however a more aggresive atmosphere compared to the festivities in Bern. Too many people who only came to drink beer and not watch the football game. We saw people drunk out of their minds at 10:30 in the morning.

In the stadium the atmosphere was subdued. Every time we tried to bring in some supporting song but seconds later it would die of. It was the complete opposite of the match against Italy. But there was little to cheer, the russians played that good. There was loads of respect after the game towards the russians though, not counting the Ajax, Feyenoord hooligans who didn't come to see football.

In all it was the craziest party I've ever been to. We are the only nation Dumb/Smart (you pick) enough to party before the game.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The pre-match reporting is hilarious. On Lukas 'Poldi' Podolski: His strength - intuition and inspiration. Hehe. Read: he isn't too ... cerebral. He can hardly speak straight. I don't mind. He is, aside from being a good player, 'ne leeve Jung' (a nice guy), speaks my dialect, and that's all that counts :)

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If Turkey pulls this one off it will be the greatest achievement ever in international football. They are a worse team from the start, then most of their time is unavailable. A Turkish win would be awesome but the odds are the lowest I can ever imagine.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Half time

A very entertaining match for the neutral viewer. Turkey is way more aggresive and had the best opportunities but Germany is lethal so for on the counter. This should be an interesting second half.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    Indeed. Even though I'd vastly prefer a much more lopsided match in our favour :holy: anyway, I donned on my championship gear and now do my patriotic duty: I announce that for the rest of the match I'll be a frenzied flag waver (sadly, without a flag :) but still much to the surprise of the people around me :shake: )

12. Montresor

Media:
    2 x 45 minutes and the Germans win in the end... :shake:

13. Ragusa

Media:
    hehehe ....

....SCHLAND ....SCHLAND ....SCHLAND ....SCHLAND ....SCHLAND!!!!!!!!

/waves flag

14. joacqin

Media:
    What the hell were the Swiss doing? The picture was out for the bulk of the second half in both Sweden and Denmark. Seems like Germany had picture but the people on Swedish TV claimed it was out everywhere.

Anyhoo, great game (the bits I managed to see) and Turkey really impressed me. Seems like they took some hints from Russia. I would even say that Turkey was the better team but Germany is Germany.

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Great game, though the second half didn't even show here, there was storm or something.

edit:
    They lied to us! I want my money back.

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Turkey played well, but they deservedly lost. Because they deserve to lose. Against us, anyway. They'd probably deserve to win over Bulgaria, Iraq or Jordan (or other former protectorates), but I digress.

The game was nerve racking. I saw it on the internet, and after 50 minutes or so the connection was down, and I was left to radio. After radio went down, I was left to the Turkish tea bar on the corner. I left it quickly after the end of the match, not without well earned gloating. Ack, those goals on the last minutes ....

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The comments here were that Germany won with experience - and a great deal of luck - against an enemy that played better. Turkey is proving to be a very interesting team, and it will be interesting to see them on the little final.

18. joacqin

Media:
    Is there a bronze game in the EC? I was under the impression that there was none.

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought both the world cup and the euro cup do :confused:

20. Montresor

Media:
    There's no bronze match according to UEFA's schedule. A pity in a way - this meaningless match is often one of the best at the World Cup because both teams play with less nerves and tactical concerns.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.