1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What drives you?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ddgoon, Mar 12, 2003.

1. ddgoon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] It's a given that we all love this game, but what do you love about it most of all? I'm talking about what gives you pleasure of pleasures, what it is in the game specifically that makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over...

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 58 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What drives you? (58 votes.)

What drives you? (Choose 1)
    * Beating large-XP creatures - 14% (8)
    * Finding really cool treasure - 28% (16)
    * Completing quests through role-playing - 55% (32)
    * Watching chunks of gore fly through the air - 3% (2)

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] the continous thought of doing something yummie with Imoen and Aerie :)

3. Veralius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Being part of such an epic and interesting tale: for me BG2 has always been story, story, story! Plus I don't get to turn undead that often in real life.

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My love for Imoen and my hate for Irenicus :p

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The myriad of many good storylines is what makes it for me; Jaheira's romance, rescuing Imoen, saving this locale or that locale from peril, Irenicus' fall from grace and the need to end his ambitions (akin to Saruman), ending slavery in Athkatla, the need to save your soul, on and on.

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Watching chunks of gore fly through the air when I beat the peasants senseless when I'm to depressed to do any real role playing.

7. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Where else but in a RPG will I ever get 100,000s or 1,000,000s of gold coins?

:money:

Edit:
    Watching chunks of gore fly through the air ain't too bad either. :p

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Definitely the loot. Pillaging dungeons and collecting magical treasures (even if I don't use them) is what I thrive upon. The items are just so cool!

9. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You didn't mention my personal favorite... watching my character becoming ever stronger and more powerful... and wiser too, of course.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Same as Tayja and Jesper... Getting richer and more powerful is fun, not to mention that being rich and powerful is fun, as it´s almost as much fun as being rich and powerful. :p

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You forgot Boo! I wonder if the game will be as enjoyable without Minsc and Boo!
    and what about Lilacor? A insane sword in the hand of a insane warrior! woo-hoo! anyway Role play is always very important

12. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The best parts of the game happens in the stores, when you check out the newly found equipment, decide wether to let the thief or the ranger have the fire res. ring, to compare Thach0 on different sets of weapons. In other words; the game is most enjoyable when clicking around in inventory.

13. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Romances (Aerie and Viconia :love: ), NPCs conversations, NPCs themself. And of course the epic story and getting more powerful. :evil:

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The various NPC interactions found within the game. That always proved to be the most enjoyable thing in the game.

15. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Waching my character evolve from a whimpy dude who gets kicked around by goblins to a dragon slaying swordmaster is definately what keeps me going. But of these, definately the role playing.

16. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

you can call me greede but...GIVE ME THE GOLD :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The incredible entertainment with the other players, and with each single creation in the game. Peasants, soldiers, NPC's, the paralel missions, the subquests...everything is perfect!!!

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Romances.......and killing those stupid stuck-up dragons.

19. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Of course the romances and the cool story :D

20. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, lemme think... one thing would be wallowing around in piles of hay with a certain half-elven druidess... and the second thing would of course be killing a certain circus ogre... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.