1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possible Bug?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wizard of Thay, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hello, I bought SoA about a week ago and I'm in the 3rd chapter and have found myself stuck. It may be a bug, but here's the problem: After finishing the Eyless God quest or whatever it was called, I went back to Mr. Osig to claim my reward, only to find out that he's busy! Well, I tried sleeping and then talking...to no avail. I've tried saving and then reloading (this usually works with other NPCs)...to no avail. I'm now having the same problem with the artist that wants ithilium. AND I solved the skinner murders, but the leutenint won't talk to me! Am I supposed to do something before I can talk to them or something? Help me out please, I can't go on like this!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you are using Windows XP, then the official patch is supposed to fix a problem with NPCs appearing busy.

3. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

Yes, I am using XP, so I guess I will have to go download that patch. Thanks alot if this works! :)

EDIT: Hmm...I just read that it won't fix my save games! :( :mad:

Oh well....better start on a new character. Who do you think I should be? :D

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had most fun with a Sorceror. But you doe start to take the piss a bit as you get high level.

That problem is definately sorted by the patch by the way!

GL HF! :D

5. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

Hmm...I've never tried a sorcerer before (I'm more fond of "book magic") but I guess it would be easier to just choose my spells when I level up rather than having to find/buy the scrolls. But that presents a problem. I don't want to pay for identification, and I don't want to spend one of my choices on identify...and I'm gonna be a good sorcerer. So that means that Nalia is going to have to be in my party until I get Imoen back :( . Is there any other good wizard around?

6. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you don't have a problem with using neutral npcs, you can try Jan Jansen. He is a chaotic neutral illusionist/thief, and can be found in the government district.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    A few good wizards mate.

But also, in Gailen Bayles house (spelling?) upstairs, you find a merchant who sells 'Glasses of Identification' which lets you identify 3 things a day. Easy peasy.

8. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

Can you recall how much those glasses cost? I would really like to get them ASAP so I don't have to have a half-bad wizard in my party. Jan might be a substitute until I get the glasses, but I've heard some bad things about Jan...

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Depends on reputation/charisma etc.

But usually around 2500 - 3000 for me. It sounds a lot, but it's easily come by.

10. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

Ya, I know. After going throgh the stupid Eyless quest again is gonna be a kick in the nads (stupid Gauths!!!! I HATE YOU), but after that, I'll have plenty of money (even after paying Gayle).

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Best way of making quick money is to do the Docks mission (for Renal Bloodscalp). You get nearly 11000 for completing the mission and also a +3 short sword you can sell for about 3500. Sets you up pretty well early ;) .

Also, the slums slaver quests is an easy one to do early and gives decent rewards.

12. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

2900 gp I think, and it depends on reputation. The higher the rep,the lower the cost. And Charisma too.

13. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Another quick, and fairly easy, way to get gold is to do Nalia's quest. IIRC, you get 10K gold just for completing the quest, not including what you can pick up along the way (like a very awesome and useful flail).

14. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

Thank you all for pointing out some fairly easy missions to do. I bought the glasses yesterday, which is now a "must" for my party. Since I'm a sorcerer, I didn't need (mostly) any of the scrolls I have picked up. So, I just sold all of them to get it without even going through a mission yet! Nalia's quest sounds profitable, but I don't want to sacrafice Yoshi until I get Imoen back. BTW, is the Umar Hills quest hard? I've tried it before, but didn't get far (stupid busy bug!!!).

OFF TOPIC EDIT: I don't know if you knew this, but if you complete the Eyeless quest before confronting the mad Cleric in the Docks, you will get a dialog option which reads:

Mad Cleric: Join my religion blah blah blah!

You: Does it involve removing my eyes?

Hehheheheheh....I thought it was funny.

15. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Heh, that is new to me. What does he say back?

16. Wizard of Thay Gems: 2/31

He says that you are mocking his religion and attacks you like normal.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.