1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

No need :p

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Missing my Salamander :cry:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmpf! Work has once again caused me to miss the 1st post. :bad: :rolling:

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I think I have spent all day with nothing to say.

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Ziad: Thanks for the offer :D

I'm actually studying for my Pharmacognosy exam, so, by the time I'm done, I will most likely be quite qualified to practise shamanical medicine. :p

In other news: Once again, my lungs refuse to mix with mites. Beta-2-adrenergic agonists, I'm back.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

In a major "Ew!" and "WTF?!?" moment... my housemate was cleaning her rodents' cage, and moved them to a smaller cage until theirs is throughly cleaned, and one of the damn gerbils proved hard to catch, and she finally caught it by the end of the tail and tried to gently pull it back out of the pipe it had hidden in - the end of the gerbil's tail freaking came off. The rodent doesen't seem any bit fazed off, and the vet told me that this is appearantly a natural defense mechanism against predators. it's been a day or so now, and it's still looks raw, but it looks to be healing pretty well. The fur is supposed to grow back as if nothing ever happened.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Happy birthday Gnarf - or belated birthday. I hope your back left you alone for the celebration.

...you know...I'm thinking that last statement didn't make much sense. Oh well

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Thanks Chicken and D-Fly.

I've been taking less painkillers lately, and I've been walking a bit mroe the last couple days...

9. Salamander3 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

...Why am I even still awake? Better question, why does my body want to do things but my eyes want to sleep? Sleep wastes tiiiiiime. I could be doing more interesting things, like testing out the kite I bought yesterday.

That's another thing, when you stay awake all night, you lose complete track of when the days split up. I keep thinking in terms of 'earlier' instead of 'yesterday'.

...Bah.

10. Kitrax

Media:
    I had that happen to me once while I was feeding my old snake. We usually got the standard white feeder mice/rats...but I guess the pet shop had waaaay too many gerbils or something, because they gave us 2 mice and a gerbil. Anyway...a gerbil is still a rodent...and rodents are still snake food, so I didn't think too much about it, until it came time to feed the snake. I would always dangle the mouse/rat by the tail over the snake's head and within a blink of the eye, she would have the rodent wrapped up in coils. Well...with the gerbil, the tail fell off, and down went the gerbil in to the feeding box. Thankfully, nature took its course and the snake took care of the problem...there was no way in hell I was going to touch what was left of the gerbil's tail. :nolike:

In other news...I miss my snake. :aww: Talking about her always makes me want to go out and buy another. If I had my way, and enough money, I'd get a few King Snakes, a Milk Snake, and of course...at least one Albino Burmese Python...maybe one albino and one regular...I like them both. :bigeyes:

People who don't like snakes are :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: There, I said it. :p :rolling:

11. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yep, snakes are cool, now spiders on the other hand NO NO NO
    Anything with that many eyes &l egs is up to no good. ugh gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

How big was your largest snake kitrax? We had 2 albino burmese about 5' & a reticulated python that was a little over 12' before we had to get rid of them.

12. Kitrax

Media:
    We had to sell her once she was 13' long. Her "cage" (more like luxury mini-jungle) was 10' long, 4' wide, and 4' deep...it was plenty big, she was so big, it was hard to take her on walks. Having a snake that was about 6" in diameter, twice as tall as I was, and quite heavy isn't very comfortable having her wrapped around my shoulders and back. She used to hover her head right next to mine as we would walk down the street...just checking out where we were going.

I miss that. :bad:

I totally agree on spiders...and tarantulas and scorpions. Blech. :nono: :rolling:

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I need tea.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh no!

HOW can you say arachnids are 'blech'? They're absolutely gorgeous! They're just such amazing creatures, the way they move, have evolved, the way they look. I just think they're truly amazing and beautiful creatures, spiders and scorpions both.

As for snakes, they are gorgeous as well, I have a picture of when I was five holding a Python at a local reptile centre, two men had to help me hold it because it was so huge! They're really smooth and cool to touch, yet everyone seems to think they're slimy! It's ridiculous, they're marvelous creatures.

I'd do anything to have a pet snake, I know my Salamander is terrified of spiders though, so a pet tarantula is out of the question :wail: I'll just have to gather house spiders as pets again.

15. Salamander3 Gems: 1/31

Agreed. Snakes are made of liquidated awesome.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Seeing the two posts above me makes me think of this comment made on the previous page:
    Which was made by was made by 8people.

...Just thought I should point it out. ;)

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I saw my Salamander yesterday a while after that post :love:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Snakes are nice. My brother has an albino cornsnake - pretty cool.

Agreed for the scorps, being the proud owner of two scorps myself.

19. Sweetchild'o'mine Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone, just a newcomer here, and wanted to post first message on this topic

and ye snakes are cool but poisonous ones.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Good news is I managed to open a stubborn pot of paint.

Bad news is it was wasted effort as I hurt my wrist and can't paint now.

Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.