1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

European Championship!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by joacqin, May 27, 2008.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yeah great match yesterday.

Congrats Sweden!

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm rooting for Croatia...I've adopted the team in 1998.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yep. Well, let's hope they don't lose their minds and keep playing well. After the group-steges, one bad match can be enough to get kicked out of the tournament :D

(refresh my mind, who are you again, that you even know my real name? :D)

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I think your name used to be common knowledge a long time ago ;)

I was known as Silverblade back then on the forums, that perhaps rings a bell :) I used to drop by the chat once every while (never really was a regular) and I'm pretty sure we had a couple of conversations in the FAI. But now that I think of it, that was like 6-7 years ago, so you might not remember :D

Oh right, this was about football... :p

Really looking forward to Friday. Let's hope they don't become overconfident and can keep up this level of football :)

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm playing my joker on a draw between Austria and Poland.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There was a draw because the judge played on the Austrian side.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Well, to be fair, that 1-0 goal was an offside goal.

And I'm saying that as a very sad Poland fan. :(

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Hey Croatia did pretty well :D Hats off to the players, but especially to Bilic. Excellent game again. There seem to be at least one a day at these championships. Disappointed with Schweinsteiger though. He was excellent 2 years ago, probably one of the best in that side. But that red card was really stupid. Ah well, Croatia top the group now.

On the other hand... bad luck Poland, but Austria had so many chances in the first half, they deserved something from this game. OK, maybe not that penalty, but the ref did warn the Polish players, and they continued pushing.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed. Cestitam! :)

I enjoyed the match and seeing the germans (our soccer-archenemies :D) lose the game.

Tonight another clash: The Dutch vs. the French. The French still have to prove that they can play descent soccer, the Dutch will have to prove that they can keep up the good soccer they showed. I predict 2-1 for the dutch :)

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Croats will be very hard to beat... They didn't beat England twice in the qualifying bexause they're rubbish side. I fancy them to reach at least the semis now.

12. Mesmero

OK, time for a little prediction (based mostly on wishful thinking and my gut feelings, since I actually do not know that much about football ;))

Group A: Swiss is already out and Czech is gonna win from Turkey, so that's 1. Portugal, 2. Czech.
    Group B: No way Poland is gonna win from Croatia, so that's 1. Croatia, 2. Germany
    Group C: Italy wins from Romania tonight in an ugly match (Italy needs to win this one) and the Dutch will win from France. France-Italy might end up in a tie and Italy will go through.
    Group D: I think Spain and Sweden will have no troubles defeating Greece and Russia, so the outcome of tomorrows matches doesn't matter that much. 1. Spain, 2. Sweden.

Not that hard to predict the group stages when half of the matches are already played :p

Quarter Finals:
    Portugal - Germany: Portugal wins
    Croatia - Czech: Croatia wins (Because Barmy says so and they have Uytuun rooting for them)
    Netherlands - Sweden: Netherlands wins
    Spain - Italy: Spain wins (I don't like the Italian team and hope they get kicked out asap and we already had Netherlands - Italy)

Semi Final:
    Portugal - Croatia: Portugal wins.
    Netherlands - Spain: Too bad this match isn't in Basel, because the stands would be so orange that it would feel like a home match for the Dutch :) Dutch will go through to the finals.

Finals:
    Netherlands - Portugal. Let's have a rematch of two years ago, without a referee who draws a gazillion card. Portugal is usually strong, but the Dutch are hungry.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I predicted a surprising Spain - Croatia before the tournament started :)

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    At least we have a referee that might get into the semi-finals. :shake:

Croatia owned, though. :D

15. Mesmero

Hahaha, 4-1 brilliant! I bet Bern is shaking on its foundations, as there are about 60.000 Dutch fans jumping and partying :grin:

I must admit, France played pretty fast and good, but it's goals that count and one (offside) goal ain't gonna cut it. After the matches today I think that they can beat Italy in the last match and make it to the next round.

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Congrats, Dutchies.

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jump jump*

Big party here on the streets. beated both the World Champion and the runner-up from last WC with 3 goals.

We were a bit more lucky this time, the french had a lot of chances to score... but oh those wonderful last two goals.

It's certain that we'll be number 1 in the poule. I guess Spain will win Poule D so we will play Greece, Russia or Sweden in the quarter finales.

I guess only Portugal can stop us now :D:D:D:D

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    The more I watch Holland, the more I want them to win the whole thing. Good job.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

The ref for the game between Italy and Romania was terrible. One wrongfully turned-down goal and one penalty situation that he completely missed. Ugh.

20. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

yeah i watched that game & that had to be the worst reffing i have seen in a long time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.