1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drow equipment

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lionel, Apr 9, 2002.

1. lionel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there anyway to keep your drow equipment once you leave the underdark?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Three or four ways, but some don't work if you have the patch installed. Try giving the armour etc. to one of your characters and then telling them to shove off (throw them out of your party). When you meet them again in CC they'll still have all the Drow stuff.

3. lionel Gems: 1/31

Thanks I ll give that a go

4. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ROFL Tal. I didnt know that :/. Nice bug :)

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] That is indeed a bug and with my gloat will be fixed within SPfixpack by removing all such stuff from the party plus lowering main hero's CON-1 for each such item found in inventory outside of Underdark.

Bug abusers can abuse bugs, but bugfix will, how sad :( :wail:, work against them. So if you want to live with ALL bugs Bioware left just to keep Drow items, please do! :evil:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 09, 2002).]

6. yappie! Guest

Drow items, hmmmm...

But what about the Solaufein Mod?
    Can he sue drow items outside the underdark.

and REMEMBER: Drizzt's Scimitars still functioned a while outside the 'Dark. So you should put a time limit on their availability Extremist.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Drizzt's Scimitars? Nah, tose are not made of Adamantite.
    And I certainly won't touch those, there is a nice surprise for a wielder who uses them in the original game, BWAHAHAHA :evil:

Soulaufein mod? Solaufein uses specially created weapons that come with the mod.
    Also those are not made of Adamantite.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    They aren't? DARN!

But on the subject of Drizzt's scimitars: His ORIGINAL scimitars, the ones he had when he first came to the surface, weren't immediately destroyed, they just got weaker and weaker over time.

EDIT: Also, idf it is stored in the Bag of Holding, you can sell most of it on the surface.

Ara
    (Reading Terry Pratchett and drinking anything at the same time is VERY hazardous...)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 11, 2002).]

9. lionel Gems: 1/31

What exactly is the BIG surprise if you use drizzts weapons?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Who said BIG?

I said "nice" surprise.

And which surprise is that? Don't ask me, I haven't killed Drizzt to test that out.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have. Not that I cared, as at that point the party had a bag of holding filled to the brim with magical items. Didn't actually get to use any of Drizzt's items because they were worse then I had. Sold most of them ;)

12. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

lol Volar.

The items are nice. Well, the Scimitars are :).
    The rest were soso, and yes I had better weapons as well.

13. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] Basically, when you take Drizzt's scimitars, some guy appears at some point and just attacks you, kinda powerful. Kinda nasty if unprepared. Kinda nasty if your Chain Contingency failed and summoned you a cow instead. Damn Wild Magic.

14. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Drow equipment stored in bag of holding will turn to stone too.

[You mean dust...] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 11, 2002).]

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Nah. It will turn to stone and then you'll get furious so much that you'll turn into slayer and give those rocks a party time by jumping over them.

And instead of many rock remnants from all adamantine items you've hidden from daylight in that bag there will be - only one pile of dust.

16. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31

*possible spoiler*I wouldn't think that the drow in BGII would have massivly enchanted weapons. I mean, nearly every single guard had at least +3 flail, & almost all of them had +5 armour.:nolike:

[This message has been edited by Mr. Furious (edited April 26, 2002).]

17. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does it turn to dust automatically upon leaving the Underdark, or does it wait until the sun comes up? Not a bad idea (in the case of the latter) for someone playing the vampire template...

18. Happens when you leave the underdark...a bag of holding wont even keep it from turning to dust

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.