1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Heh, bloody continentals! ;)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There needs to be a German Warhammer Themed Death Metal Band.

Because words like Dunkelelfenkrieger just need to be screamed to music. :D

3. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
    I have just, this very minute, discovered my dog has a ridiculous passion for maceroni cheese o.O

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

A song about Chaos Undivided... now that would be sweet.

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

You know that RL has overtaken you completely when you finally log on to SP and the last RBP you read was a week ago . . .
    And since I am still pedalling furiously to catch up with RL this is just to wave my hand
    :wave:
    and announce I am still alive, just too busy to even breathe right now.

Pedal faster, hamsters!

And everyone else - babble on without me, though not without my goodwill.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man, what is happening with the education system these days? A final exam consisting of cake? Back in my day, we had to write tests and stuff.

:p

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Schools today are a joke, with everyone caring about feelings and little regard (if any) for academic achievement or personal responsibility.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

We now return you to scheduled random babbling.

I need a drink, and I'm a teetotaler!

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You have my sympathies. I hate those things, and it's usually either impossible or very rude to get out of them. I was so happy when, for some reason or reason, I did not get invited to the floor retreat last week. Perfect excuse!

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Battletoads & Double Dragon is the best thing since, well, Battletoads. Gotta love those 'Toads.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Have you ever tried to evaluate cake at length? Under exam pressure? It may sound easy now, but when you get tested, it just doesn't taste the same.

Maybe where you are, but I wouldn't say that is strictly true everywhere. Teachers were never too concerned with what I got up to in class (to the point of letting me read in certain classes), because they knew I could more than cope with the work. While I was rarely, if ever, challenged by school achievements, the vast majority of staff thought I was great largely based on academic ability. So I can't really agree that your academic achievements are totally ignored in school.

Not that I'm really in favour of the educational system as a whole, I merely didn't feel that was entirely accurate.

Yes. Oh yes.

Bolt Thrower did a bit, but that isn't really what you are requesting.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I just noticed this on the Boards' main page:

Looks like we've been busy surfing and spamming today!

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Just got home from Barcelona... and I feel like crap (not because of anything in Barcelona, just in general).

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just got back from my senior trip... graduation is on Saturday, there's only one problem. I don't wanna graduate :( I'm gonna miss all my little buddies (and living for free).

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Being a university student isn't so bad. I don't know about the US, but over here everything is "10% off" or "30% off" or "half price" or "£5 instead of £50" and so on. I reckon the US has similar deals for students. Then once you've got an undergraduate degree you can move on to graduate school. Considering the length a PhD goes on for in the US I'd say you can remain a student for at least another 10 years. Nothing like postponing the real world indefinitely, you can take my word for it :)

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I see you there Salamander! :p

16. Salamander3 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Onoz! Rumbled!

>.>
    <.<

SCATTER!

*womph*

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Peeps, quit hitting on Salamander3.

Unless, of course, it involves actually hitting salamanders. In which case, be sure to add pics to your SP photo album.

:p

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Would embarressing pictures of Salamander count? :D

19. Salamander3 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*pales*
    You wouldn't dare.

[edit]

NO THAT IS NOT A CHALLENGE >_>;;;

20. Splunge

Media:
    Not count. Demanded. :p

(I gather Salamander3 is a soon-to-be-former friend of yours? :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.