1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's what happens with you put all your eggs in one basket....let alone a Nokia branded basket. :evil: :p

/me ducks :rolling:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The 6275i is a good phone with a crappy firmware. The guys at service will flash it with a corrected firmware and it will be like new.

As for your being a Nokia racist, like Chandos pointed out, Sprint carried low-end Nokias which are cheap and problem-prone. Middle to high-end CDMA Nokias are very good phones.

Nokias's best phones are GSM, but GSM sucks and can kiss my arse.

Besides 3GSM=CDMA variant

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

This morning was good, this afternoon was horrible. I wish my back would make up it's mind...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Whoops, I just realized this is FreeBSD's disk labeling system.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just don't like Nokia in general...yeah, Sprint may have had the low end models...but I don't like how the high end models look or feel either.

In other news...apparently, glasses (and the geeky look in general) is now sexy...which figures because I just switched to contacts. :doh: :rolling:

6. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i really don't have a cell phone. i don't have need for one. noone is going to call me.

i was the only one that made it to work tonight. supervisor is still sick, and the other guy didn't show up. it didn't really effect me,tho.day shift supervisor showed me what machines to run,so i was set for the night.the had a sus super roaming around, but i think i only saw him twice. i didn't need him. i do hope the regular super comes back tomorrow. he's going to teach me programming

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Supramolecular chemistry is more fun than Yersinia... Maybe even Windspear :p

The symmetry of some of the forms is breathtaking.

As for what it is, here's a teaser :)

Btw... This was my first link in words, ever.

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Those are some pretty cool patterns, Loreseeker. Makes me almost wish I hadn't dropped Chemistry just so I could know what's going on there. Almost. ;)

Now you've lost your word-link-virginity, there is no going back. Soon you'll start feeling the need to insert unnecessary links into your posts regularly!

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Thinking about it.... Nah. I can bug everyone even without them :p

Today I saw the GCMS (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer) that the faculty recently bought. An assistant brought me along when he went to pick up some samples. Of course, I won't be allowed to touch the thing for another 3-5 years, but still, it felt nice.

Even better - rum ice cream for dessert in the mess hall. Things don't get much better than ice cream... :)

(I almost wrote desert... although the thought still works.)

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Besides, the lil' thing allows me to mount the mp3 anyway, and see it in nautilus for the GUI lovin' people.

Job starts in a few hour, and it's raining meh!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My quads burn.

Bloody gyms...

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Overdid my back and shoulders. Been jammed for two days now. Tigerbalm, tigerbalm, I just love the way it makes me stink. Spicy!

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    See, of you'd just said "non-covalent interactions" then I would have understood what you meant :)
    I admit some of the structures look pretty cool. A year ago I would have screamed "vade retro satanas!" but after a year of being the only microbial geneticist in a lab full of structural biochemists (most of which are really pure chemists) I can actually appreciate that kind of thing.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Good to see the rambling goes on...

15. Disciple of The Watch

GUI... why am I not the slightest bit surprised, I wonder.

GUIs are so overrated.

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just spent 2 hours shifting boxes (and some blocks of stone) around my old school. What fun.

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hello from Paris! :wave:

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I was meaning to go to Paris this week by train, but then found out it costs 130€ to go from Luxembourg to Paris and back.

Now, the website says: "starting from 25€" and the fine print at the bottom adds: "IF you're either and infant or over 65 AND travel one way AND pick a train that leaves at 4.00 am AND don't mind the llamas spitting at you". So we decided to forget that idea.

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Hello Paris! Hello Rally! Hope you're having a great time there!

I'm tired but not sleepy. This isn't good. Probably means I'll be up for another 2 or 3 hours and fail to get up on time tomorrow morning.

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm finding that Mornings are good, but afternoons suck. Evenings are kinda blah. I'm going to have to lose weight if I want my back to stop hurting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.