1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen, TuTu, and BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Koki, May 15, 2008.

1. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Once in my life I don't want to go solo and the game itself turns against me, heh.

Here's what I've been planning: Finishing whole saga with "Bhaalspawn only" party. This means CHARNAME, Imoen, and possibly Sarevok in ToB. NO MORTALS ALLOWED!

Problem is: Since I'll be giving Imoen some of the Tomes(Int, Cha and maybe Dex) and I'll probably dual her at a different level(~100 Locks/Traps, that should be 5? 6? Or I will Shadowkeeper her to multi alltogether), I will lose it all when BG2 starts.

So, basically, I need a way to somehow swap her files so that when she spawns in BG2 she's my Imoen, not the BG2 Imoen. Is this possible?

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    If you are thinking about using Shadowkeeper anyway, why not do BG as normal, note down her stats and experience at the end, and use Shadowkeeper to change her BG2 incarnation to the one you were using?

3. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Depending on the Mods you want to use, BGT is always an option as well. It will transition your characters as they were by the end of BG1, anyway.

4. Koki Gems: 5/31

Ah, but BGT is so confusing.

What mods does it work with? They sticked -WeiDU at the end which would suggest it's compatible, then they made a list which lacks some quite critical components(like Ascension/Turnabout, Item Upgrade, Tactics, improved Hell Trials, etc.).

I guess I'm doomed to edit her at the beginning of BG2 and again at spellhold(As I understand it she gets changed AGAIN then). It's amazing that there's no mod adressing this by the way, I thought there were mods for everything. I guess it's just because no one ever uses her. Though I can't fathom why.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    There's not much point changing her at the beginning of BG2, since 1) It's so bloody easy and 2) You can Dungeon-Be-Gone your way out anyway...

Alternatively, Shadowkeeper (or just plain cheat) in a few tomes and have her use it. Might be better than arbitrarily changing her stats...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.