1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Leaving reputation

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by The Great Snook, Mar 29, 2008.

?

Do you leave your name when you give rep

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I didn't know that you could identify yourself. How do you even find out whether someone has left you any rep points or comments?

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Harbl, go to your user CP, in the middle of the page there should be "Latest Reputation Received" +Thread / Date / Comment.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What about the greyey-bluey ones?

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    To the original question: I don't leave my name. I will answer in the tread if I want to tell the poster in question that I approve or disapprove of a post. However, I usually leave a comment to tell why I have added to the poster's reputation.

I have not yet used negative reputation, and I don't expect to. I wouldn't do that except if someone deliberately gave false information or did something that in my opinion should get them sanctioned or banned (in which case the moderators will usually take care of it:)).

You get one of those if somebody with reputation power=0 tries to leave you reputation.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've not given a negative. I've only done the reputation a few times and have never left my name.

I've given reputation for statement that I believe displayed a lot of thought (whether or not I agree with the point), was quite astute, or very humorous.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Huh. I haven't checked back for ages, and suddenly I have 8 reputation points? Nice.

I still don't know how to check who left it, though - I don't see anything of the sort in my User CP. :(

Harbourboy likes this.
  8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Is it possible to review the history of reputation left by other users? Like say, I want to review the history of my 25 rep points?

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think what you see is your rep power, not you rep points. When I click on my User CP, the reps others have given me show up right in the middle of the page

You mean who gave you rep for what post? It's on the User CP page.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The history doesn't seem to be complete, though. Currently, I can only see the last 5 people who gave me points.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It always shows the last 5 rep givers only. And you will only see their names if you are an SPS account holder (if they haven't left their names in the comment itself).

Everyone's reputation power figure is listed in every post they make, below the post count.

You can see your own reputation points by clicking on the reputation icon in your own posts.

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ahh, right.
    How is reputation power accumulated?

(whoa, I have 26 rep points...)

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All New Zealanders get instant reputation at birth.

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Your reputation power is 0 until you have 50 posts to your credit. After that, you have:

1 point for starters
    1 point for each 1,000 posts you have made
    1 point for each full year you have been a member
    1 point for each 100 reputation points you have.

There might be penalties if your reputation goes below a certain threshold, or other bonuses I'm not aware of.

Yes, but is it positive? :p

Stu likes this.
  15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't use the function either. If I liked the post, I usually just say so in my reply in the thread. Likewise if I felt that it was unfair or whatever. Besides, mine doesn't move anyway I think :rolleyes:

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I do not use the reputation function either. I did made an exception once and left one point for a very good friend of mine for a statement I wouldn't have said better myself, but other than than, I want no part of the reputation system.

Mine either - been stuck at 7 till the new board made it's debut.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    That's your rep power (different from rep points), which changes very slowly. It's explained in the posts above.

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Huh, I never noticed the reputation thing 'til I stumbled across this thread. Seems some people left me good reputation. Thanks :)
    Maybe I'll use it a bit now that I know about it.

19. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

reputation power

I have to say I don't really agree with the point awards. I've been a lurker here... most of my life, actually, but I don't post very frequently. And now I have a reputation power of 7. :eek:

I don't know, it doesn't seem really fair to the people who participate in the community more.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Rep Power by itself doesn't mean much... if you don't participate in the discussions there's really no chance for others to raise your actual reputation points, so you're at a loss there. Those who participate more have a higher chance of others raising their reputation points.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.