1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Facing Bodhi in chapter 6

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dibbes, May 3, 2008.

1. Dibbes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I read the following on getting assistance with facing Bodhi after returning from spellhold in a walkthrough by Tjekanefir

'If you talk to enough people before assaulting her you can show up with a ludicrously massive army (six different groups may lend forces to this battle.)'

I know of getting help from the Shadow Thieves and the paladin order and I heard about the temple offering assistance when it is your stronghold. I can imagine inspector Brega would be glad to have Bodhi removed from his city also, but I can't think of any other groups.

Has anyone had any other groups allying with him?

Edit: forgot about Drizzt. That's still not six though.

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I never ask help from the paladin order. The leader has that sword that randomly coughs up a fireball, hitting him and everyone around him. That leads him to accuse me of being a traitor and fleeing as fast as possible.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I find Drizzt to be quite enough. Having the Improved MoD, Azuredge, and the Amulet of Power is more than enough for this battle.

4. Minstrel Wandering Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Be sure to look at Dan Simpson's walkthru as well, dear friend! Probably the best, most comprehensive one out there. Mr. Simpson leaves no stone unturned!

5. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I never ask for help - I'd rather get all the XP myself. ;)

6. Dibbes Gems: 1/31

Right. So can anyone provide a list of groups that can fight Bodhi with you?

7. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

AFAIK, Shadow Thieves, Paladins and Drizzt are the only ones that will help you.

8. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The six groups are Drizzt, the Shadow Thieves, the Order of the Radiant Heart, and the 3 Temples. You can only have 4 of these groups in any one playthrough: the 1st 3, and the temple you have as your stronghold.

9. Dibbes Gems: 1/31

Nice to know. Thank you!

10. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I HAD a cleric at the temple of HELM and they just sent me to the paladins. What a bunch of losers/slackers. They are clerics, they should be able to handle undead better than most. I don't know about Lathander or Talos, though. If you happen take on Bodhi as a member of one of their temples please speak up.

Maybe the good Lathander folks will help out (they have a great spell for handling level draining undead), and I cannot see the Talos folks getting along well enough with paladins to recommend you seek their aid but I haven't tried these temples.

Dan simpson wrote a very good guide and I've found it quite helpful. But I have found mistakes as well. Good (including undead hunter paladins) characters can join Bodhi's side (she doesn't like thieves, even evil ones I think). That is one of the big mistakes in his guide.

When I recieved the help from the Paladins I placed the weaker members of my party in the hall ahead of the knight that goes to help you fight Bodhi herself so I wouldn't have to worry about his sword made fireballs as he couldn't get into that fight early.... web spells can also help with that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  11. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It is a battle where help should not be needed, I have solo'd it a few times now.

Best time though was as my uber-evil solo, who invited the Knights along just so I could see them die. Very cool indeed.

12. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Drizzt almost ALWAYS steals my XP for Bodhi herself. It's a ton of XP and he steals it 9/10 times I play, so I don't ask him along anymore.

13. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Anyone go to the temple of Lathander or Talos for aid and recieve a different response than I did from the temple of Helm?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.