1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New EasyTutu Version Now Available

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Macready, May 9, 2008.

1. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of EasyTutu is now online and available for download.

This latest release finally represents what I consider to be a fully realized implementation of the Baldur's Gate game converted into the Baldur's Gate 2 engine. To begin, the conversion of the in-game journal to a Baldur's Gate 2 organized journal style has at long last been completed. Also exciting in this release is the changeover to Baldur's Gate 2 spells -- EasyTutu uses converted BG1 spells no longer. In addition, I am very pleased to note that the applicable fixes from G3's BG2 Fixpack have now been integrated into EasyTutu. G3's fixes, taken in combination with my own work over several months of careful testing, have really helped to create a very polished end product. With all of these features fully implemented, and with the complete redesign of the spawn system in a prior release, I can say that all of my primary goals for EasyTutu have been achieved.

In order to help promote this new release of EasyTutu, I have prepared and exhaustively playtested a new mod, Hard Times. Follow the preceding link for full details and for the download.

I'd like to extend a sincere word of thanks to everyone who participated in the recent EasyTutu beta and took the time to post feedback. Your reports enabled me to hone in very quickly on the issues which resulted from the changeover to BG2 spells and get them addressed. Thanks to your efforts, everyone who downloads this new release will enjoy a much more stable end product.

The full details of everything included in this release can be found in the EasyTutu changelog. Enjoy!

Caradhras likes this.
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I seriously just installed all my BG's and EasyTutu yesterday then I see this... I'm not sure if the timing is terrible or great yet.

3. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Thanks. I have never tried this with BG and would like to try out the NPC banter packs and such, so I'll give this a whirl.

4. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

The timing is great. Off you go to a new installation.

Macready for President!

5. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

I forgot to mention two things:

* The OSX archives have also been updated with all the new goodies.

* If you are a fan of BG1NPC, you MUST use v15 or better with this release. This is due to an issue of my making, and has nothing to do with the BG1NPC folks (even though it might look it as v14 fails to install). I noted that on the EasyTutu page, but I had wanted to mention it in this announcement as well.

6. Raven_BWL Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't play BG1 nowadays but having read the readme I really like the idea of the Hard Times mod.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Kudos for all the good work! :)

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    This alone would make me want to download the new version :)

Thanks for the BG1NPC version 15 warning.

And, kudos for good work, from me too. :)

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Excellent.

To Macready! :beer:

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I guess the main problem is that I already removed the Vanilla game and BGII due to my 40gb hard-drive.

I'm getting the new version... at least it gives me more time to plan out a character. I think I'll try Hard Times as well, though I feel like I'll regret it if Sword Coast Stratagems is as difficult as expected.

Edit: I've decided to cut out Hard Times... I think, lol.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  11. Aegor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's great news Macready, the list of improvements looks really good so thanks for all your hard work on this :). I'm glad you added another mod to improve roleplaying, can't wait to try "Hard Times".

I'm just curious whether this feature:

has any conflicts with SCS since I think there's an option in that mod that does the same thing?

12. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

It shouldn't. This isn't the first time I've addressed collaborative AI, and the previous attempts did not result in any reported problems.

13. martaug Gems: 23/31

I have a question about an issue that i don't think has ever been addressed in bg2 which has bugged me since day one. Namely, why in the heck can't you wield a spear with a shield? you know the greeks did it, romans, zulus, etc but not us poor realmsmen darnit!! Is there a mod that allows this anywhere?

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] They used shortspears and lighter spears than are available where your character is travelling. :roll: I doubt anyone on Faerun has ever heard of Greece either, they might think it's silly they use it in one hand :lol:

But can't think of a mod atm, I know there's one for NWN so it's probably a small component in a mod for BG2 *somewhere*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.