1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How can I make a game with all my self-made characters?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Coconut_Crab, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Coconut_Crab Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi, long time ago I heard someone say you can create a game with all the characters in the party made by yourself, but it's been a long time and I forget how to do it.

Can anyone please tell me how to do it? Thank you.

Also does anyone know where to download a mod that can let you play all the stronghold quests?

Thank you very much in advance.

Coco

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Start multiplayer and just transfer the save file over to your single player folder.
    The All-Strongholds tweak is part of the Ease-of-Use pack, IIRC.

EDIT: Yep, 'Multiple Strongholds' is part of Weimer's Ease-of-Use Mod.

3. Coconut_Crab Gems: 2/31

Hi, can you please give a more step-by-step explanation? I'm kind of confused.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, Weimer's Ease-of-Use if fairly simple once you find the download link on that page, so I'll assume you're talking about the other part.

Start a multiplayer game (connect with TCP/IP) and create/import all the characters you want. Make sure you click all of the check marks next to each character after you create them, and then click the Done button. (Most common mistake: If the Done button is grey, it means you haven't clicked all the check marks, or did it before creating the characters.)

Now you'll start the multiplayer game, and at the earliest opportunity, save and quit. Use 'My Computer' (or its equivalent) to look in your 'BGII-SoA' folder, and go into the mpsave folder. You'll find a folder with the name of your savegame, and you should cut-paste the whole thing over to your ".../BGII - SoA/save" folder. Then you just load it as a single-player and you're good to go. :)

5. Coconut_Crab Gems: 2/31

Thank you. I'll do it.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Also install Ease of Use's part about MP created characters. Normally, when you dump one for some reason, they DISSAPEAR forever. With this mod, they can wait in CopperCoronet or anywhere you like. Plus you can talk with them and they will say 'Hello There!' Kind of interaction. LoL!

BTW, I DO love my MP created kensai, he is by far superiour than any NPC fighter! (AND far less annoying too!)

7. Coconut_Crab Gems: 2/31

8. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Of course you can start an all-homemade characters party, but if you don't take any NPCs you are going to lose many quests that depend upon having a certain character in your party. Of course, you can have them temporarily,fulfill their quests and dump them afterwards

9. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A way around this is to only create five characters and leave one spot open for an NPC. This will give you the ability to play all quest and allows for personal design of the party.

The only thins I wish SoA or ToB had was a NPC Monk. I believe he or she would definitely make the group fun.

10. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Isn't there some way to make the game believe a character is someone they're not? I believe you can assign a characters dialogs and quests to a homemade character. Thus you could make a character have some dialog though it might not fit perfectly. Don't have any idea how (I remember someone mentioned that they did it though; could have been lying).

11. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

@UCLAParadox
    It would be easier to just use SK to hack the choosen NPC. You can change just about any charecteristic of the NPC to best reflect a charecter you could have rolled yourself.
    You have the charecter you want along with the party interactions.

12. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@ Shrikant
    Brilliant! Much better than my idea. (in complete honesty)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.