1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kangaxx The Immortal

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Thor, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I was going to get the famous ring, so i bought two scrolls of Protection from the undead, and armed with the sling of everard and Azureedge i merrily walk into his tomb.

Cast PfU on Mazzy, and hide away all of the others except Aerie in the corner where he can't see them. Aerie with the sling is standing close enough so that he initiates his dialogue, and when he finish talking, i cast the other PfU on Aerie, and Kangaxx is clueless. Mazzy pounding with the Azureedge, and Aerie slinging +5 bullets with the sling.

He quickly fall down to Near Death, yet this is where my problems begin. He never dies in his lich form?! I suppose he has quite high Regen-rates from his ring, but this is ridicilous. :nolike:

To see if he needs to "see" anyone to go Demi-Lich, i send in all of the others, but then he starts nuking me with all sorts of crap, yet i miraculously survive since mazzy kept disabling a lot of his spells, and soon he is out of spells, all of my team is still up and running, and now all of them is hitting him with various weapons; Sling Of Everard, Flail Of Ages, Azureedge, Daystar, Shortsword +2, and the Shazzelim Scimitar. All of these beat him for several hundreds of HP damage, but the fool just won't die! :flaming:

What in the hells is wrong? I wan't his EXP and Ring! I've got a fully patched game, including the fixpack from here, and baldurdash too i think. I have a bunch of "minor" mods though, (Ease of use, UB, Chloe NPC, Banterpack, flirtpack, Dungeon Be Gone, Kelsey NPC) but AFAIK none of them should affect Kangaxx at all?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This is a well known bug. You will have to reload from your last save before going into his lair. He has to be able to see one of your characters at the beginning of the fight or else the unkillable bug kicks in.

3. Thor Gems: 10/31

Hey, yeah that worked! Thanks JSBB :)
    Although i realized i need more firepower than just the sling. Way to little...

4. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Does prot from undead stop his imprisonment?

5. Sevarus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It makes him ignore you completely.

6. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you are unlucky he might cast an area effect spell and these can hurt ... I used Prot. Magic scroll to make him harmless.

7. Thor Gems: 10/31

He tend's to cast Demilich Howl every once in a while, I think it does the same as a Howl of the banshee. Rather easy to avoid by the way, just send all of your (hasted) partymembers to the other end of the room when he starts casting it, and it won't hit anyone. Haven't seen him cast anything except that and imprisonment after you beat his Lich form.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I once had an interesting variant of the "Kangax-lich won't die" bug: he lich form would not die, but somehow the script that spawns the demi-lich was still in effect and initiated properly. I ended up fighting BOTH lich and demi-lich at the SAME time. Needless to say I didn't last long, especially since the lich form was unkillable.

9. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is probably unrelated but can an Undead Hunter's Turn Undead ability obliterate the Demi Lich? I'd experiment with it myself but the circumstances in the current game I've got going won't allow for it for maybe... I don't know... several hours?

I'm too busy right now to continue and try to do it, but I'm just curious... My Undead Hunter is unbelievably powerful (he turned the Shade Lord before even initiating dialogue) so I was just curious about this.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Cryo Mantis: what level is your Undead Hunter?

11. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

If the Undead Hunter is ridiculously high enough to break the Umar Hills storyline, I bet he can turn Kangaxx.

12. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31

I uh... imported him from a umm.... Throne of Bhaal game I had going. Pretty much. So at the moment he's about level 28. I'm curious because he's uber-powerful enough to make other liches and the Shade Lord pretty much explode when they're in his presence (unfortunately it doesn't work on the Shadow Dragon, that would've been cool).

I'm pretty sure he can blast Kangaxx's regular lich form into chunks but I'm curious about his Demi Lich form. That form concerns me because it is pretty powerful (well... it only seems to cast Imprisonment) and I just don't want to resort to the tactics I used before just to be able to beat him. They just seem more trouble than they're worth.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

AFAIK, the Shadow dragon is just a dragon, not undead. Although yeah, it's pretty awesome to chunkify liches. :evil:

edit: yeah, moonstone...better hide Cernd ;)

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I think that the Demi-lich form is either un-turnable or it's very, very difficult to do so. The lich form requires about level 20 Turn Undead (so level 22 Paladins can turn liches) but I've never heard of anyone turning a demi-lich. At least, I've certainly never heard of anyone chunkifying one this way.

15. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31

Ah. It was just hypothetical. It would add an entirely new method of defeating Kangaxx's Demi Lich form to the game.

I'll test it out when I get to him at some point. I want to see if it's even possible.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.