1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm trying this evening without Tylenol III. I don't think it's working, but I need the last two for a social engagement tomorrow night, and it's Tuesday at the earliest before we can get more...

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What exactly did you do to yourself again? Seems like whatever it is, it should have healed by now... :rolling:

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    DotW: I don't think I've ever seen a hooded rat. Must be quite a site on one's shoulder... :)
    There are plenty of white lab ones at my faculty, thankfully not on organic chemistry institute. I could never kill/hurt one of those. Poor things.

Gnarf: I really wish you could find the immobility time your back seems to need. It's not funny anymore. Things got serious a while back.

Here's a guess: without the painkillers, your back hurts now worse than in the beginning, in the best case the same. The pain might seem to descend down your leg, but this depends on the place of injury.

You are fifteen years older than me Gnarf, so I'm hardly the voice of experience. Still, a friendly suggestion, repeated:

Put your activities on hold and deal with your back. As soon as you can.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I think I have an old pic laying around somewhere of me and the rat - I'll try to find it.

Here's a pic of what a hooded rat looks like:

http://www.miceandrats.com/images/rat_hoo.jpg

Mine looked roughly like that, but the black stripe on his back was not continous like the one on the pic.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I always wanted a pet rat, but rats are banned for having as pets in Alberta since we are supposed to be a rat and roach free province.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Abstain painkillers people, pain's your body's way of telling that something ain't right and you shouldn't stress those parts that hurt.

...which brings the point to Splunge's nipples. :p

I once bought some Greek Halva (how'dyaspellit?) and there was a secret ingredient in there. Namely short black frizzly hairs...

But of pain, and Gnarff, you do know that painkillers are not the cure even if it makes the pain go away. I know you know. Be careful, hmmkay?

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ouch. They don't actually make you guys study out there, do they?

When I said I have only one week to go, I missed out the fact that I have only 2 lectures a day. The philosophy department can't be bothered doing anything in the final week (or the first, or even managing to fill weeks in the middle of the term). Small wonder the subject is seen as worthless nonsense by most people!

Getting bogged down with titles. More's the pity.

Edit:
    No! Not back there again!

8. Loreseeker

Media:
    DotW: Oh, what a cute creature... :)

They firmly believe that repetitio est mater studiorum... with a modified meaning:
    Being able to reproduce a hundred facts that have no value in terms of knowledge* is a mark of lessons well learned.
    Not in all subjects, but in many.

IMO: *In terms of knowledge:

Reproduction is bellow recognition, and recognition bellow understanding.

Recognition can earn you a 6 (equivalent of a D mark), but it's unfair that understanding alone does not warrant a 10 (equivalent of an A mark).
    Reproduction sometimes plays a major part.

/me running low on brain memory free space

9. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

my once year a post.. ftw!!!

Super Epic!!!!

Thats all I have to say.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I feel so tired I can barely type. Long day at work followed by badminton followed by trying to work from home is not a good idea.

I keep clicking the wrong buttons while trying to submit this as well!

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm just about finished tweaking and installing the softwares I need for my fresh install of Ubuntu 8.04. It always cheers me up messing around a computer, making it run exactly the way I want it to.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I have scaled back the activities greatly, but at what point does inactivity become a greater risk? I'm overweight, and should lose at least 70 lbs, probably closer to 100, but bed rest or taking it too easy will only make it worse. I'm at the point where I need to be somewhat active in order for the injury to heal.

I figure I either over did it a few weeks ago but it got worse after trying to pick up sticks on rough, slippery terrain. I've been seeing a Chiropractor, but I also have my own part to do. The Pain killers are to help me function while I work on that.

Also with my Tourette Syndrome, I will be prone to repetitive use injuries which will require more learning to live with.

I have been. I see some improvement, but I have a long way to go. I need this gone before summer or I may have to re-locate...

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I miss my ratties, but decided not to get any new ones after they died. I simply haven't the time they need. I'm barely giving my cat enough attention.
    It was funny to watch the rats chase the cat around the house though...:D

Two of my friends got married this past weekend, and I was far more involved than I was expected to be... apparently there wasn't a rehearsal, so I pretty much got the initial timing started... and that was after I finished bride-wrangling... :lol:

Now I've got finals, and I'm pretty stressed out... argh.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Gnarff: You've got tourette's? Interesting... How'd I miss that?

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] How would you tell someone has tourettes by reading (unless they said it? :p)

Saying that my mother has it really mildly, but it's hilarious, she works for the local council as well so it's double the fun! :D

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I get some tourette-ish symptoms if certain conditions are met.

@8poppy(:p): I was thinking that mebbe Gnarff has said it before, but somehow I've missed that...and that's a pretty too interesting news to miss.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Again, I can think of nothing relevant to add.

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I need more money!

20. Loreseeker

Media:
    I need to type shorter posts.
    This will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.