1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

this site rules

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by jorj82, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jorj82 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

keep up the great work!! all this great info and even thoughtful enough to send a b-day email to a lowly knobgoblin!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! sorcerers.net rules!!!!!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I didn't get a birthday greeting on my birthday last week. Apparently Tal cares more about newbies than regulars.

This site sucks.

:p :p

4. jorj82 Gems: 1/31

happy belated birthday, splunge!! i guess that makes you an aries...

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    No, it makes him an Arse! And an old arse at that. :p :rolling:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never had a birthday email. Jorj82 must be a complete legend.

But this site does rule anyway.

Come for the birthday email, stay for the insights on the ways of the world.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Jorj82... a true SP legend. 21 posts of pure genius. Surely that's deserving of more than a birthday e-mail?

Just keep an eye on your bank balance... that's all I'll say mate ;)

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's understandable given jorj82's location.

Congrats! :grin:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Splunge & Harbourboy - while the new boards are smart, they're not yet psychic. If you don't enter your birth date in your board profile options, you can't be sent a birthday mail. You also don't show up on Today's Birthdays at the bottom of the front page of the boards. So go to http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile and you should be presented with the prompt to enter your birth dates.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, that's disappointing. When are you getting the psychic version of the Board software? :p

Heh. Exactly what I was thinking! :D

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm sure a Crystal Ball interface could be developed but I can't promise that its predictions will be accurate. :D

I have to agree with the original poster that SP is at least mildly addictive! :thumb:

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    The yet part matters. :p

13. jorj82 Gems: 1/31

well its not like i'm some stupid kid just because i'm new to THIS site. i remember your name being on the guestbook in my POR walkthrough like, 10 years ago. and if that wasn't you, sorry, but the points still proven

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who said you were a stupid kid?

What on Earth is POR?

15. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Pool of Radiance? You know, the game no one likes...

16. jorj82 Gems: 1/31

since i posted this i've gotten some rather vulgar email. while this site rules there's still no escaping the stupid people who enjoy pointless confrontation. i never meant to offend anyone, but i guess i did, somehow...:confused:

17. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] That's really disappointing. I don't think Barmy's meant any harm with his posts, but I don't know who's mailed you or what did they write. I should hope that our members would behave better than that.

18. Splunge

Media:
    It's not only disappointing, it's also bewildering. What on earth was so bad about jorj82's post(s) that would prompt nasty emails or PM's from our members? (Yes, maybe his/her second-last post wasn't the greatest, but it was exactly terrible either. Plus it may have just been a result of not being familiar with Barmy's style.)

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How bizarre.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Weird things have been afoot lately...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.