1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

General opinion of "Divine Remix"

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I'm considering adding this mod to my BGII game. Assuming you've played this mod, what is your general opinion towards it?

TIA

2. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I put it on both Tutu and BG2 installs. I like the kits and the spheres, and using Level1 NPCs provides a great opportunity to have some extra personal detailing.

Tutu with Khalid as a Painbearer of Ilmater/Ranger; Jaheira as a Fighter/Avenger, Branwen as a true Battleguard of Tempus, and Viconia as a Mage/Nightcloak of Shar.

BG2 is less fun to work with, as the cleric choice is rather limited unless you add in mods - but I have enjoyed many runs with DR's sphere changes and spells as a Paladin.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

In every install without Improved Anvil I use Divine Remix. It's - I feel - necessary for the right game. A "must" mod.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've tried it a long time ago. If you want some radical changes you will like it. IMHO it's too different from the unmodded game (be prepared for some big changes if you install it). Just a matter of opinion, I'm not dicing the mod, it is not flawed, I'm not fond of what it does.

5. Klorox

Since you're restricted with spheres, does Anomen become weaker or more powerful (or does it affect him at all)?

6. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I found Divine Remix to be a very well done mod. I think it's nice that it brings divine magic closer to PnP and all.

I was annoyed, though, by the fact that now most evil clerics only have access to the healing sphere up to 3rd level. That means, Viconia won't be able to cast healing spells past cure medium wounds, which kinda cripples a cleric for me in BG2.

7. Klorox

I read that only Evil Clerics get "Animate Dead", one of the best Cleric spells. I'm a long time pnp player though, so I'm going to go ahead and install this bad-boy.

8. Luiz Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Great concept, a very polished and flavourful mod, but just too restrictive for my tastes. Much of the game is predicated on the party having a certain level of access to specific abilities (and unlike PnP with a DM, a CRPG like Baldur's Gate can't adjust challenges to the reduced sum of the party's abilities) and each DR kit has just a fraction too many of these stripped away, which tends to necessitate taking two clerics to cover all the basics. As an example, try playing through the game without ever using the Chaotic Commands spell to see what I mean. Of course, if you want to take more than one cleric (and with all the choices available in DR, it's an attractive option) then it's no problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.