1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira's Freakin' Out

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by vesselle, Apr 9, 2008.

1. vesselle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

the group is in the dungeon almost ready to kill firkraag.
    we are finishing up and getting ready to go down to his cave and whomp him. but that idiot jaheira decides we aren't doing enough to rescue khalid and berates us for going too slow. so she starts fighting everyone in the group

she kills aerie and nalia.

i try it again. she goes after us again. same behaviour and party members are killed. so now we have to do fierkraag with one less teammate.

is there anyway to get her to stay (we need her if we're gonna do the dragon) without attempting backstabs or the outright murder of her "friends"?

i never liked her. but i need her.

*sigh*

any advice?

oh yeah.
    XP pro, SP2
    all updates
    game: ToB update, no mods

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rescue Khalid??!

Sounds like a bug. Are you fully patched up and ll that razz?

3. vesselle Gems: 3/31

sorry, i thought i said so in my post. yes. fully patched.

4. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No mods?

None at all?

5. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

wait, khalid is DEAD(you find his remains in the first dungeon as you are escaping) how are you suppose to rescue him??? i'm confused!!

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

No the longer road mod or some such? Otherwise it sounds like a corrupted installation or have you messed with some dialogfiles?

7. vesselle Gems: 3/31

no mods. and at this part of the game, jaheira doesn't know khalid's dead. i mean, i know it cuz i've played the game umpteen times.

8. martaug Gems: 23/31

when you escaped from the FIRST dungeon you found khalids body, so yes jaheira does know he is dead. so as everyone else has said either a mod, a corrupted install or you messed with some files.

9. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I am trying to think of how this might be a scrambled install. I can't think of anywhere in the vanilla game Jaheira has a timered "leave and attack the party" under any condition - unless it is a combination of two things - does someone have access to her leaving dialogue file, to see if one of her "leaving angry" responses has an Enemy() scripted? I sure don't remember any, but I haven't looked at her SoA/ToB files for awhile...

10. Beetle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is it possible to go past the table with Khalid's corpse without triggering Jaheira's talk? Maybe by sticking very close to the wall?

11. martaug Gems: 23/31

even if you use dungeon-be-gone, jaheira still knows that he is dead

12. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Ctrl+jump? It can really screw games up.

13. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have never heard of, or encountered anything like this. I once ended up stacking 3 versions of Ascension (1 non-Weidu) causing Aerie and Edwin to strike up a very odd conversation before killing each other, but this is just strange. I don't even remember Jaheria ever commenting on needing to rescue Khaleid in Chateau Irencius in the first place.

A list of mods you have used before might help, since there is a good chance some files got left behind by a previous installation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.