1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Please help me with installation order for easytutu

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I'd like to install tutu with BGII ToB.

I'd like to save as much space as possible.

I'd like to use the BGI NPC mod.

I'd like to have unlimited stacking of Ammo, Potions, and Gems.

I'd like to use the Weapon Proficiency system the way it was originally in BGI (un-nerfed).

I'd like to be able to get some kits for some of the NPCs (Kivan an Archer, Imoen a Swashbuckler, Khalid a F/M, ect.)

How can I accomplish all of the above? What order do I do everything in (as I type this, I have nothing BG related on my computer except some portraits I'll add in. I have all the discs in front of me). I just want a detailed explanation of what to do in what order so that I can have the game I desire.

If there are any other suggested mods, please tell me a bit about them and how to install them as well.

TIA

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Installation order for tutu and loads of links

See Macready's HP

You are looking for G3tweak pack

See again at Macready's HP otherwise use the Level 1 NPC mod.

Indeed:
    Song Silence
    Rogue Rebalancing
    BG mini quests and encounters
    BG 1 UB
    Everything related to Xan
    The BG1 NPC Project as you mentions
    Gavin NPC cleric
    iiItems
    iiPR mod
    SCS for enhanced play and fun and replayability

Hope it helped

3. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Shaitan told you everything already. :)
    Basically, BG2 Tweak Pack has all you need, and Level 1 NPCs mod allows you to modify kits.

As for other recommended mods and installation orders, check this thread for the mods people install and recommend. (It's a list of Weidu.log files - lists of installed mods and components.)

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Kulyok meant NPC's, not kits (although the mod will allow you to assign a kit to an NPC, even if you've made the NPC a multi-class).

5. Klorox

Thanks guys. Shaitan, I'd really like to try that Sword Coast Strategems mod. It has some complicated language though, and I think it needs to be installed at a specific spot in the installation order.

If I play with SCS, when do I install it? Are all of the mods listed compatible?

TIA

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Be patient for a bit, and DavidW will answer your question about SCS. Although, if it's like SCS II, it probably needs to be installed last (or close to last). But then again, because you're playing tutu (which I have no experience with), you should wait for someone who knows WTF they're talking about. :D

I'm currently playing SCS II (which is for BG2 only), and it is great. I'm sure that SCS would be just as much fun. :)

7. Klorox

I know this sounds wacky, but I'm starting to think about just starting at BGII. I've played through BGI so many more times than 2 anyway.

Splunge: What's your SCSII party look like?

8. Splunge

Media:
    Oh, you’re gonna regret asking that.

But since you asked:

Warning to anyone who is offended by disgraceful displays of powergaming (and with apologies to DavidW): STOP READING NOW!

Basically, I wanted to have a party of my own making (i.e. multi-player, with classes / stats that I would be happy with). This is because I’m a crappy player who needs all the help I can get, and I wasn’t sure how hard SCS II would actually be. But I also want party interactions. (Well, actually, I like to create uber-parties, but I also want a challenge (not to the extent of Improved Anvil, though)). I’ve gone with a 5-character party. So with a combination of Shadowkeeper (to optimize stats) and the excellent new Level One NPC mod at G3, I present my Party of Shame:

PC – Morturi
    Edwin – Conjurer (i.e. no change, other than some stats)
    Minsc – multi Fighter/Swashbuckler
    Jahera – dual Ranger/cleric (yes, I know multi is preferred, but I thought it would be useful to have higher-level priest spells ASAP, and I was right)
    And the really stinky part (remember, you were warned) –
    Imoen (with Nalia in the interim) – multi Anti-Paladin / Mage

I’m having a ton’o’fun. In hindsight, I could have gotten by with something more reasonable, and I’m sure more talented players than I could have just as much fun with a lesser party, but this one works for me for a first run-through.

9. -David_W- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Install it last, or before BG2 tweaks if you'd rather. (Sorry about the complicated language; that's what you get asking an academic to write mods :) )

I generally avoid actively plugging my mods, but if you liked SCS II then SCS I will probably appeal too; they have a similar design philosophy. Hopefully it freshens up BG1 quite a lot. I won't be offended if you skip straight to BG2 though!

@Splunge: no apologies necessary; sounds fun. (Though I'd be interested to know whether in hindsight you think you could have managed with a less optimised party: it's a design goal for SCSII that a reasonably balanced party of core Bioware NPCs can handle it.)

10. Splunge

Media:
    Yep, it's definitely doable with a normal party, but it would obviously be harder. (I've found the Anti-paladin's dispell (which is the same as the Inquisitor's) to be very useful.) In fact, at times I find battles in my game a bit too easy as a result of my optimized party. My fear when I started out was that I was getting in over my head; my game prior to this one was an Improved Anvil game, and I didn't want to face that kind of frustration again.

Of course, I'm only in Ch. 3, so my view might change later on.

11. Klorox

Thanks so much everybody! I've actually decided to go with SCSII and just play the SoA/ToB game.

This is SO FREAKY! I decided on a very similar concept! I plan on changing NPCs with the Level 1 NPC mod too!

I'm going with a 4 person party though:

Jaheria becomes a C/R
    Jan becomes a Wild Mage
    Minsc is either going to be a Barbarian 13> Thief dual, or a Half Orc Fighter/Thief
    And my protagonist will be a F/M of some sort. I haven't decided yet if it'll be a Berserker > Mage, an Elf F/M or a Gnome F/Ill yet.

12. Splunge

Media:
    Klorox, I don't know if you're aware of this (or even interested), but the Level One NPC mod will allow you to assign a kit to a multi-class NPC.

I think you'll do fine with your party, though. You have all the bases covered, and two mages will definitely be useful.

13. Klorox

So, Minsc as a Barbarian/Thief multi?

I dunno... it's a bit more powerful than any legally created character, which doesn't sit well with me. :nolike:

14. Klorox

I was messing around a bit today, but I found out it's impossible to get a multiclassed Barbarian with level 1 NPC.

I chose to make Minsc a F/T.
    It asked me which kit I wanted: Berserker, Wizard Slayer, Kensai, Swashbuckler, Assassin, and Bounty Hunter. No Barbarian. :(

I suppose, if I did choose to go this way, I could make a F/T and add the Barbarian kit with Shadow Keeper.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.