1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Experience issue!?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Urupilindi, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Urupilindi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi!

I have being playing IWD II now for a while just to try it out and in the begining everything work fine until i come to this Goblin fortress and i starting to notes that i didnt get any xp for some killing and now when im in the caves i get NO xp at all! I have tried killing 40 - 70 goblings with no xp! :confused:

öööööööhhhh.....? dont get it! I have reinstalled the game 3 times now to check if there is a bug with it, but cant find it.

The manual says that i can get a xp penelty if i have a multiclass character with a level gap more than 1 from each class depending of the races i have selected.

I have a Human with multiclass Cleric(level 5)/Wizard(level 4) now; which im switching between.
    From my point of view i could NOT get any xp penelty, but im starting to wonder if everything is correct or not!

Maybe some of you knows!
    /Best

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The game takes into consideration your level vs. the "level" of the monsters you kill. If the differential is too great (i.e., your 9 level character taking on goblins), you get no XP. There are mods to force the game to at least give you a little XP no matter what the matchup is, but there is nothing wrong with your game.

3. Urupilindi Gems: 1/31

Ha ha ha...:D...thx.DMC.... you must be kidding!!! This is the most s****** rule i have ever heard in my life! Okay i didnt like IWD 1 becuase it was to streamline(I liked the story though)and it hade other bad things compared the with BG series, but this takes the price!!! ha..ha..ha....:D

I really do NOT hope Avenger will add this into the GemRB!

I think i need that mod you talking about. Can i add some of the mods without WeiDU? If yes... if you could pointout some? Would be great!

Best
    /Urupilindi

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Urupilindi Gems: 1/31

Thx Taluntain! I found two of them and i will check them out!

thx! :)
    /Best

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It is really easy to modify the moncrate.2da table to put in values for any experience level.

It is kind of annoying but I usually get around it by starting characters at different points in the game to lower the overall average party XP.

There is of course the tried and testing level squatting method, but that just seems to defeat the purpose of playing at all.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Here you can see how it works in 3rd ED :D
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html

From the roleplaying point of view the 3rd edition XP system is much better than the 2nd edition one since it allows far better balancing and doesn't encourage powerlevelling by killing respawning monsters again and again.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

LOL that cartoon is gold!!

To be honest I don't really like the 3rd edition XP system, as I prefer to get XP for everything, even that little goblin worth 20xp. I get that it helps to lower the amount of powerlevelling but still.. Seems frustrating when you take out a whole complex of monsters that took over 2 hours and not getting a single point of XP for it!

9. Thrasher91604

Thrasher91604 For those who know ...

I agree it's a little over the top. But would getting 50XP really satisfy you if you were 3K away from going up a level?

A token amount of XP is just that. There are other rewards, like treasure that can make up for, and even better in your example, would be a single XP bonus for clearing out the area.

10. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That comic reminded me that Burlew REALLY needs to get around to raising Roy.

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes. It was pretty much like that in BG. Every little bit helps :)

12. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Squatting helps!

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes. And people squat BECAUSE the rule is bull**** :)

14. Thrasher91604

or because they want to powergame. ;)

15. Klorox

Why can't it be both? :D

16. Thrasher91604

That's an inclusive OR.

Arrrg, geek attack...

17. Klorox

LOL, when somebody starts using the word "geek" as a derogatory term on a message board based on computer games you know there's something wrong with that picture! :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.