1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with new party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Shandar39, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Shandar39 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

After not playing for a year I came back and had nice run through the game but now I want to step it up a notch and do a little powergaming. I have decided to start and 4 character multiplayer and the last 2 will be Npc's. The problem I am having is I can't decide which classes I want to use. This is my dilemma

First Character- Tank

Fighter/Cleric- Gets both HLA's but only can get specialized proficiency
    Berserker/Cleric- Doesn't get both HLA's but gets mastery proficiency
    Ranger/Cleric- Gets both HLA's and gets to use both druid and cleric spells

I plan on multi or dual classing at lvl 9 but I do have the experience cap removed, so it might be better to do it at a later lvl. Im going to give the character Fail of Ages and Crom Faeyr

2nd Character

Swashbuckler/Mage

multi or dual classing at lvl 10 or higher because of exp cap remover. Im not sure on what weapons to use but this character will most likely standing back casting. What I train in depends on the next character. If my next character is also a thief, the swashbuckler will train in finding traps, opening locks, pick pockets, and setting traps. If not then he will train in all of them.

3rd Character

Kensai/Thief- Love the fact he do can do a ton of backstab Damage.
    Kensai/Mage- Have always played with this dual class everytime i've gone through the game, has become one of my favorite classes.

Both dual classing at lvl 13. Now obivously If i pick the thief then she will train in all the other abilities the other theif didn't. Now with the kensai/mage this character would be a flanker, but also a backup mage. For both of these classes I'm not sure what weapons to give them yet.

4th Character

Monk- Haven't played this class much so I want to give it a try. This will also be a flanker. Obivously don't have to worry about weapons.

At the end im going to have Edwin, and Sarevok. But before that I will most likely have Korgan as a tank seeing as I won't have any fighters for awhile and the other character will be whoever's quest I am on.

If you have any suggestions please share

Thankyou

2. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Before you decide, keep in mind that Level 1 NPCs mod allows you to edit all Bioware NPCs' classes - you'll be able to make Jaheira a Fighter/Cleric or Minsc a Monk, for example. Also, some NPC mods allow you to choose alternate classes - Xan, for example, allows you to make Xan a fighter/mage, sorcerer, mage or wild mage.

Besides, these days you can find mod NPCs of all, or nearly all classes. They add banters, romances, and new quests, and Crossmod Banter Pack adds banters between them, so it's really a good alternative.

Anyway, as for your party: I like Monk, Kensai/Thief, Fighter/Cleric(Ranger/Cleric, Berserker/Cleric are all great), and Swashbuckler/Mage(thief abilities for the beginning of the game) sounds reasonable, but without a Sorcerer, your party will keep running out of spells: only a Sorcerer has the unlimited Project Image->Wish combination, and many other nifty tricks, cheesy and not.

3. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

For character 1 I recommend the ranger/cleric multiclass because of the iron skins.

If you want to set traps with your swashbuckler/mage keep in mind that traps are updated at level 11. I'd even take 11 bounty hunter levels instead since most swashbuckler benefits are for melee weapon combat.
    Powergamers usually don't spend points into pickpocketing, they use potions.
    I recommend making this character character 1 since he'll benefit the most from Bhaal powers.

For character 3 I'd take the kensai/thief. Too many magic is boring.

There's no need to take Korgan, Edwin is a better tank since classes are unbalanced in BG2.

4. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

That's the reason why r/c outclasses your other choices. A Nature's Beauty always turns any tide at lategame!

5. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    One of my favorite all-time builds is the Fighter-Thief multiclass. Give him (or her) two-handed swords and, once you can take Use Any Item, deck them out with Carsomyr, the melodic chain, whatever helm/boots/gauntlets/amulets/rings/etc you want. Take things like Timestop trap and the fighter HLAs. High THAC0+Timestop+Backstab=dead enemies. Plus, you can cast the occasional spell from scrolls if you need. It's a bit of a challenge in the beginning if you make this char your main thief (restricted armor, or you could just make someone else a thief and give this one heavy armor for the beginning), but well worth it later on.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    NOG, You forgot about the uber-HLA: Assassination. All attacks in the following round are backstabs. Better if you dual wield and have the scarlet ninja-to in the offhand for the added attack.

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

And even better than that is belm in the offhand, because scarlet ninja-to isn't a legal backstabbing weapon!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.