1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
  2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

See the word of the prophet
    On a stone in his hand
    Poison pen revelation
    Or just a sign in the sand

3. BOC

Hint: British hard rock band, one of the first who introduced the epic element to heavy rock and one of the major influences of Iron Maiden as Steve Harris has stated. The song is included in their third and most famous album.

4. BOC

It is "The king will come" by Wishbone Ash. New lyrics:

Has he lost his mind
    Can he see or is he blind

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ironman -- Black Sabbath

I can catch wiffle balls.

6. BOC

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So I caught up my pal Jack Daniel's
    And his partner Jimmy Beam

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I Drink Alone - Thoroughly good George.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Blackie and Red to you. Your turn.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So when you're near me
    Darling can't you hear me

No, I have no pride. :p

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    What do you mean 'no pride'? When a band member dies a tribute is always appropriate.

SOS ABBA

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think he's referring to using an ABBA song here.

13. Splunge

Media:
    T2 has it (well, so does Chicken, but you know what I mean).

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    CiG -- I understand it is an ABBA song, I simply meant there is no shame in a tribute when a member of the band dies (the drummer died last week). When Barry Manilow dies I might even quote one of his songs.

everywhere you turn
    there's vultures and thieves at your back

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I can hear Sarah McLachlan singing that in my head...the song name.... :bang::bang::bang:

Is it Angel? Arms Of The Angel? Something about an angel.....

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    Close enough. Your turn Aldazar.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Ok...this is the only one I can think of for now...and it may be a little difficult but it's worth a shot because it's a brilliant song and who knows.....

"and Frankie kicked a mine the day that mankind kicked the moon
    God help me, he was goin home in June"

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Ok...opening verse

"Mum and Dad and Denny saw the passing out parade at Puckapunyal
    was a long march from Cadets
    The 6th Battalion was the next to tour and it was me who drew the card
    we did Canungra, Shoal Water before we left
    And Townsville lined the streets as we marched down to the quay
    This clipping from the paper shows us young and strong and clean
    And there's me in me Slouch hat with me SLR and Greens
    God help me...."

edit - and I think that makes it pretty clear I'm quoting the original version, not the barely-passable version performed by The Herd

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Okay, obviously a LOT harder than I thought....no Aussies/Kiwis here? No-one who knows Redgum's "I Was Only 19"?? :nono:

Well how about this:

"I live in a nice house a
    I never do dance salsa
    I'm livin in Jamaica
    I live in an Icebreaker
    I'm livin in Africa
    I never do know where I
    Where I'm livin but I'm livin in a freefall"

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's Friday by Daniel Bedingfield. I quite like his stuff, and find it interesting how much he's overshadowed by his sister, considering that he hit the scene with a megahit first. Oh well. :)

Next up:

I need a ride to the morgue
    That's what 9-1-1 is for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.