1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top Five

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Vhailor, Feb 29, 2008.

1. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

1. CSS
    2. AOEII
    3. BG
    4. Half-Life series
    5. Medieval: Total War

Honorable mention: PS:T, FF7, NFS:HS, fallout

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

1. Civilization series
    2. BG2
    3. Starcraft
    4. HoMM V
    5. The Witcher
    Honorable mentions - Diablo 2, Fallout 2, Worms, Guilty Gear X, Quake 2

3. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

1. Championship/Football Manager. Tempting to forget it qualifies as a game, I've lost far more time to this than any other series could possibly ever take.
    2. Disgaea. Fabulous sense of humour.
    3. BG II. Amazing sense of an expanding plot in a world that stretches out before you.
    4. Vagrant Story. Sublime.
    5. Micro Machines Turbo Tournament. 4 player madness.

Honourable mentions to Devil May Cry, FF VII, Streets of Rage, Darkstalkers 3, Castlevania SOTN and D&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Was Eternal Sun big in America? I was obsessed with it but it seemed to me to be an obscure game with middling reviews. I never heard anything of it at the time, and certainly not since.

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Planescape: Torment
    Morrowind
    Legacy of Kain series (Blood Omen 1&2, Soul Reaver 1&2, Defiance)
    Haegemonia (only RTS I ever adored)
    KotOR

Voodoo Kid (sentimental reasons)

The BG, IWD, and NWN games are left out on purpose. I didn't feel like comparing them to the others.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am going to list concept/series more than just plain games and with no internal order here are the five greatest games (series) of all time:

Civilization: Think I enjoyed the second the most but each one is a masterpiece.

Baldur's Gate 1+2/Planescape: I combine these two titles for the reason that they are made with the same engine with the same basic concept. There should be more games like PST made.

Starcraft: Best RTS ever.

Total war: Is what I often wished Civ was, before I found Total war.

World of warcraft: I have for hte last two years dedicated my life to this game, it is brilliant and it is addictive and as soon as I manage to stop playnig I will never install another MMO ever again.

Honorable mention goes to the Championship manager series of game, I am bored out of my skull with them nowadays but they have eaten away countless of hours from me.

6. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

1. Civilization 1
    2. Fallout 2
    3. Baldur's Gate 2
    4. Quest for Glory 1 & 2
    5. Planescape: Torment

7. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Baldur's Gate
    Half - Life
    Deus Ex
    Planescape: Torment
    Starcraft

These I also rate highly, but didn't make in the top five:
    C&C Red Alert, Baldur's Gate 2, AoE2: The Conquerors, Icewind Dale, Medieval: Total War, Toca Race Driver 3, GP3 Season 2000, Day of the Tentacle

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

PS:T
    BG
    BG2
    FFX
    KotOR
    KotOR2
    Max Payne
    Max Payne 2
    Starcraft

okay, so there're more than 5 :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.