1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod compatability

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by ZombieTonyBlair, Feb 27, 2008.

1. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm almost done with my first play through of ToB, and I'm planning out my second play through. Does anyone know if the Baldur's Gate Trilogy Mod is compatable with the Big Picture Mod and the Accension Mod? Would I need to install the mods in any particular order to get them to work correctly?

2. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yes and yes, with caveats... there are folks that are very knowledgeable about this are on www.spellholdstudios.net in the BGT and Mega Mod forums. There are several versions of BP out there, so it is worth a look over these first (but please report details back here, as there are plenty of folks who want SP to be their "primary info access point", and the more folks who post these things on multiple forums, the more likely it is for players to stumbe across the info :) )

I believe the current recommendation is

BG/TOTSC, patched fully, BG2/ToB, patched fully, BGT - WeiDU, Asenscion.

What i can't remember is which version f BP is recommended and whether it goes before or after the BGT install. (While you are there, you might want to swap out BP for SwordCoast Strategems-II, where the order would be BG/TOTSC, patched fully, BG2/ToB, patched fully, BGT - WeiDU, Asenscion, SCS-II)

3. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Big Picture is very, very buggy - an especially nasty bug in the latest version prevents you from finishing ToB. BGT currently has a bug which prevents you from entering the second part of the game - you'll have to install a patch for it.

You can install all these together, if you want, but you've been warned. Please, ask advice at Spellhold Studios first, if you ever do.

EasyTutu is an alternative method of playing BG1 in BG2 engine.

4. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31

Are there any more stable mods that work together well. I want to add as much new content to the game as I can without compeletly changing it.

5. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

6. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31

I've been reading posts about Fixpatches and baldurdash, could someone explain what those are?

7. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

I think it's best if you read both mod's descriptions on their respective pages and make the decision for yourself.

Both mods fix a number of issues in the original game, and both should be installed after the official patches and BEFORE all other mods. Basically, BG2 Fixpack continues what Baldurdash started.

Baldurdash: http://baldurdash.org/
    BG2 Fixpack: http://gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack

8. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31

What are people's opinions of BGT vs Tutu? I've heard both can be buggy.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Don't know much about BGT but you can find Mystra's Chosen's review here: http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36451

You should check Easy tutu which is more convenient than regular tutu. I played both and I have to say that they worked very well (just remember to save before going to Beregost, I had a few problems with the Beregost area, but apart from that it ran very well).

I haven't heard good things about BGT but I haven't tried it (and I don't think I will).
    Hope that helps.

10. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

With EasyTutu, there's a Beta version, and the "normal" version. Install the normal one. It's all on the site.

11. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31

With BGT, does the info on my characters from BG1 carry over to BG2? Or will Minsc and Jaheria have the default stats at the start of BG2?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.