1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Moonblade in SoA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gehn, Mar 11, 2004.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This topic is about getting a Mooblade, David - We all know there are amazing weaponry in SoA. No need to tell us that, certainly not in a thread that's not even about "amazing weaponry in SoA". By reading your posts in threads about mods, you always say that everything's cheating, everything's wrong to use, everyone's lame because they use overpowered modifications. Well, I mean goddamn! Let people play how they want to, don't let your own "I-am-best-everyone-else-are-wrong" point of view push them down.

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Gehn, Spetnatz: go and sit in the corner until you can learn to behave. And lines and detention if you carry on like this.

Was anything I said so out of place or wrong? No. Stop overreacting and trying to turn everything into a slanging match. You're just showing yourselves up.

I merely pointed out that the items the imps have in the underwater city aren't the real ones, just like the people there aren't the real ones either. What - you think Elminster, Drizzt, Khelben and the rest have nothing better to do with their time than hang around in an underwater city to take place in a puzzle set by some imps on the off chance the party come wandering past? Seems just a tad unlikely if you ask me.

3. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I agree with David here, you guys seem a little testy. Relax... Let the peace flow all through you body. :cool:

And indeed, some weird-ass low-level imps with a crappy sense of humour stole Drizzts scimitars? What a strange idea...

4. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

David, perhaps you should stop complaining about everyone "cheating", and give them the info they want instead. People who're looking for items/mods/whatever aren't interested to know that you think it's cheating, they want the item/mod/whatever.

5. Fiatil Gems: 4/31

especially because drizzt still has his scimitars when you meet him later in the game...

6. Lacessit Gems: 4/31

Spetz, David never said anything about cheating in this thread. The only thing he mentioned was that you can CLUA in Xan, which (we all agree) is a cheat.

So chill, relax, have a smoke, and let's get back on topic. On-topic being: 'not discussing David W's personality'

[ March 17, 2004, 21:01: Message edited by: Lacessit ]

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The original topic involves the proposed Moonblade. Guide your posts accordingly.

8. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It's a cheat but if you have the [snip], you can use SK to give yourself Xan's moonblade. It's still in the game's item descriptions.

[ToB ability removed.] -Tal

[ March 18, 2004, 13:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

9. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

hey instead of using xans crappy moonblade, plus one and 1 for ac aint very good in bg2 soa, however it would be nice if someone made a mod for a good moonblade, one with say 5 previous owners, and a few magic tricks in it, AND still have the blue flame surrounding it, that would be pretty cool, however im not a guy who does well with computers other than gaming, so if anyone else can do this be sure and let me know if your going to or not, cause ill probly forget later to see if anyone has or has not made a mod like this yet.

10. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] But I think its stupid that you are able to aquire the Moonblade only to find its useless as a weapon, why create the item if you can't use it? what, the elves thought it too valuable that they would'nt even let you fight with it against Jon? No way! it just feels stupid that the only way to get the moonblade is through a mod (not that I think there cheats :grr: and like Gehn and Spetz said we're not here to accuse mods of cheating and such, we answer and ask questions :toofar:

11. Lacessit Gems: 4/31

You need the moonblade to summon the avatar of Rilifane right? I think you're just not really meant to wield it. Why is it such a big deal? It is not very different from other unusable objects like keys that give you access to a part of the plot.

12. cadderly Gems: 5/31

well once again i would like to point out that you have to be at least half elf to wield a moonblade, also, the moonblade has sentient life in it, it chooses its owner, so dont blame the elves, blame the sword.

13. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

To anybody experienced in modding or the like: would it be at all possible to get the flaming visual back?

I don't really care about on the game screen, but mainly in the inventory, on the paper doll. I mean, the sword that the paper doll holds is simply a BAM pic, isn't it?

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yes, it's possible.

15. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

David W, i apologise. Perhaps i did over-react a bit. But it's not like i wrote the previous post because i have some vendetta against all people called David or something. I just personally, happened to find alot (not all) of your posts, self ritious, patronising and unnecessarily sarcastic. Which is not an inviting thing to see for newbies like myself who want to post. But then who am i to judge? And like i said, i do sincerely apologise.

Anyway, back on topic - Lacessit, no offence, but if you think it's no big deal then fine. But some of us obviously do (hence this whole topic), so don't assume everyone thinks like you.
    Cadderly, you definitely have a point there about the being elven thing. But I always play as either elf or half-elf, and taking into account what you said i think it would be great if chars of Elven alignment could use it. I mean if saving the Elven city from destruction and preventing one of their most despised number, Irenicus, from becoming a God - furthermore preventing him from parading around all the realms showing everyone how he defied the curse the Elven Gods' put on him, and became stronger because of it (which i think is kind of an ultimate mockery for the Elves)- does not justify being able to use such an uber cool sword...then what does?
    Still im not really complaining as such, as BG2 is probably my fav game of all time :confused:
    I just personaly think it would have been a nice touch.

16. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well said Gehn, I agree. :heh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.