1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by OneofThree, Feb 5, 2008.

1. OneofThree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was wandering, if I use the Shadow Keeper character editor to change my gender, after starting a romance. Will it terminate the romance or not?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It won't, variables picked up for that are determined when the character is spawned into the game as far as I remember.

If you're romancing Anomen he'll still call you Lady though ;)

Only way you get a problem is if it's a modded romance that checks on every talk for the players gender. I can't think of any that do off the top of my head, but I've not played many either :xx:

3. OneofThree Gems: 1/31

thank you

4. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Or you can go for the next best thing and download one of the modded NPCs that allow non-straight relationships. Plenty to pick from, Chloe, Soulafein, Sarah and so on.:)

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Sarah...oh I haven't heard about this one! :shake:

....you forgot Nathaniel, the katana wielding sweetheart! :lol:

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...or mods that allow any romance without race or gender bias.

But then, you can simply cheat that in as well using SK.

7. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Then you need to make a visit to G3, theacefes (who's a girls only girl in real life) is the creator.;)
    Personally, I didn't managed to play the mod until the end, since my ToB cd believed it was a good time to explode in my cd-rom.:mad:

8. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Just a warning: some romances won't allow you to do that. With Kelsey or Xan or new Nalia de'Arnise romance, you'll be able to change your gender and continue playing, no problem.

But with Gavin, for example, he will either postpone the romance, or a secret check will trigger, and he will tell you you lied to him, and he'll break up with you entirely.

9. berelinde Gems: 1/31

Kulyok is correct.

If, at any point after LT12, the character becomes male, it will cause problems for the romance. If the PC is wearing the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity, the romance will be on hold (but not broken!) until after the girdle is removed. Once the girdle is removed, the romance will proceed normally.

If the player has changed the gender of the PC using SK or another editor, Gavin will know the PC was lying about being female when they met, and he'll end it.

However, if the player starts the game with a male PC and decides to try the Gavin romance, the player may change the gender of the PC via SK or another editor and initiate the romance through Player-Initiated Dialogue. But if the player tries to change it back to male after the romance is underway, it won't work.

10. Beetle Gems: 1/31

In the Imoen Romance, Aerie and Imoen will have a funny conversation if the PC starts as male, finishes the Aerie romance then switches to female before romancing Imoen. Imoen will remark on how they all appreciate women, causing Aerie to insist that the PC is male. It degenerates (in a fun way) from there.

11. berelinde Gems: 1/31

You know, I'm all for including material that few players will ever see, but that combination of events doesn't seem very likely.

Out of curiosity, how big *was* that wink at the camera? I can't imagine it was easy to get that across without completely breaking the fourth wall. I know I had fits over trying to figure out a way to allow the player to use SK or something to change the PC to meet the requirements without losing the moment. Gavin gives hints if the player doesn't get it right the first time, like "I value our friendship, but I prefer women" for a male PC or "I think we may have different values" if the player is still evil.

12. Beetle Gems: 1/31

It disintegrates the fourth wall. There's even a line that goes something like "it looks like somebody was messing with the global variables." Aerie and Imoen also break character, and start talking like actors who were playing a role. It's meant to be completely tongue-in-cheek.

I never would've known this exchange was in the mod if somebody hadn't posted it to the mod's forum.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.