1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

mouse prices

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Merlanni, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What is the most amount of money you have paid for a mouse. I just topped it. 79€ for a razer Lachesis (Lach a sis) 4000dpi.

it is absurd, I know, but I could not resist any longer. Am I in need of therapy?

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Mine was £60 new.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Less than $20, and it's the best mouse I've used in my life... no carpal ever since I got it.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I don't get it.

Where do you even need a 70/80/100€ mouse, except maybe in online FPS? I use a 19€ rat and it hasn't yet given me a bubonic plague.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    349 Danish kroner (45 Euro), only a few days ago. A Fata1ity 1010 that I got because 1) I liked the look & feel, and 2) my Micro$oft Mouse was driving me nuts (cursor kept moving erratically on the screen - funny how Microsoft's hardware doesn't work right with Microsoft's own operating system:rolleyes:).

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I payed $20 extra for the corded optical mouse when I bought my laptop forever-a-go. It still works like a champ...it's not the most accurate or the fastest, but it works for me. I want that new Logitech MX Revolution...but $75 is a bit much. :rolling:

7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm in the market for a new mouse (I'm building a new system on Monday), I enjoy the odd online shooter, and I was just wondering if it's really worth getting an expensive mouse? I've never really noticed any real discrepancy between where I want to aim, and where I end up aiming, so is there likely to be much of difference?

Currently my main considerations are the logitech mx400 for $41AUD or the logitech G5 for $72AUD. I have a preference for corded mice for some reason, but I'm willing to consider a cordless one provided it has a charger or absolutely brilliant battery life (I don't really want to be shelling out for these every 2 months).

[Edit]and it absolutely must have a button on the left hand side that can be set to the 'back' button for internet browsing.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey Stu,

I have 2 MX500s (1 for work, 1 for home). Best mouse I have ever owned. You can't really go wrong with the two that you are considering. You may want to go to a store that carries them and see how they feel in your hand, as they appear a bit different.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have a G5 and I love that you can adjust the weight to be what you find most comfortable.

10. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well i am glad that i do not need therapy. at least not for buying it. after four days, the cursor just floats around without me touching the mouse. Back to the diamondack.

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I use a trackball, and my wrist tells me it's worth every cent I paid for it.

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I've never actually bought one. Free Optical ones appear at work every now and then and I've just chucked out a loas of roller-ball ones accumulated over time from company replacements. (When all your stuff gets replaced every 2-years, you get to take the old stuff home if you want - I've also just chucked out 2 older computers and a redundant server)

13. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ended up with the G5, and I'm loving it. The customizable weight cartridge and the ability to change the sensitivity with the click of a button were definitely worth the step up from the MX400.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! I thought changing sensitivity was cool too at first, but now I'm so used to the max sensitivity and the ability to move full screen by just flexing my fingers I never move off of it. I never have to move my arm; just flex my fingers or a slight rotation of the wrist. Love it.

15. Merlanni

Media:
    Yes, I know. It is great to have a sensitive mouse. I am surprised at the amount of people whit expensive mice.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

G5 with a lightpad. Even if the mouse is good it must have a really smooth surface to work properly. These cost me about 70 bucks.

17. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Like a couple of people that have posted here, I have a G5. Excellent mouse.

18. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have an MX518 with a Steelpad 5L mousepad. Can't do w/o it for counter-strike as I need a massive amount of room to use my mouse. In-game sensitivty is at .45 at 1600 dpi. Gotta move my arm about 4 inches to do a 180.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm using a cordless logitech mouse that I got for 25$ at Target.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.