1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rest in peace boys

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Urithrand, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    After my cat was hit by a car last week, I thought life kinda sucked, but then yesterday I discovered one of my rats had pneumonia. He died tonight at about 8pm, and I'm officially death incarnate. I just wanted to leave something to say so long boys, you'll both be sorely missed by me and your brothers. Sleep well CJ and Smeagle :cry:

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ahh, sorry, Uri. Two pets right together like that! Indeed, rest in peace.

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is truly hell. :(

My heart goes out to you, Uri.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was hard enough when our cat passed away last May. I can't imagine losing two pets in a week.

My condolences, Uri.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Losing a pet really hurts. My condolences Uri.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Sorry to hear about your pets - I know how attached I am to mine, and I would be devastated if anything happened to her.

7. Urithrand

Media:
    Thanks guys. It's been a very difficult few days, but we're plodding along as usual. We have to go through the rigmarole of introducing a new rat into the lonely one's territory now though, joy :p He'd be lonely otherwise and get depressed...

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I still have some Black Asian scorpions left to part with, Uri. They're low-maintenance, exotic and uber-cool under a blacklight. Not the cuddly kind of pet, though.

Rats are pretty cool too -- had one for four years till he died of old age. I used to take him with me wherever I went. The number of old ladies he freaked out... priceless. :shake:

My former housemate had gerbils -- neurotic hamsters, IMO.

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Ach - I'm sorry to hear that, Uri!

/me PM's hug to Uri.

10. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

It sucks to lose a pet, let alone two.
    This time last year my other half had 19 rats - now he has 4 (and one is old and quite sick) so I know how you feel.
    Rats are great but unfortunately aren't the most long-lived pet. It's horrible to lose a cat to a car, though.

Perhaps consider getting a couple of ferrets. They're great fun and last 6-12 years. They also sleep a lot.

11. Urithrand

Media:
    I'm addicted to my ratties, they're always happy to see me, and so amazingly intelligent. My oldest (and rather fat) one comes to me when I say "Dominominoino!" and gets all excited cause he knows he's gonna get cuddles ^_^

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I need to know, was Smeagle a beagle?

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] He says in the first post it's the cat ;)

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    :doh:

I need to work on reading slower.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.