1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best beers

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Real Ales all the way. I'm partial to Fraoch and Hobgoblin, though I like quite a lot of Badger and Broughton ales as well, and I'm always up for trying something new.

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Paulaner and Berliner Pilsner.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    For some reason, your post reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer tries a 'Red Tick Beer' and wonders how they get the distinctive taste, and they cut to a scene at the Red Tick Brewery where they have a bunch of dogs swimming around in a large container of beer. :p :shake: :rolling:

4. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Have any of you ever had yuengling? You can only get it on east coast US, but its the best beer I've ever had.

Black and Tan is my favorite but the others are all great as well.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yuengling lager is da bomb. I live in Maryland now, but I grew up in northeastern Pennsylvania, about 30 minutes away from where they brew it. And yeah, it's far and away my favorite domestic beer.

A little light for my taste, but a very solid beer. But if you like Grolsch, along those same lines, although it's a microbrew from Austria that's very hard to find, try St. Sebastian's. It's excellent - perhaps the best beer I've ever had.

I had a Scottish Ale a few years back - it was called Mac-something, but not the one you listed. MacEwan's maybe? Very dark and very good. It had a red plaid label if that helps.

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That's what makes it so good! Besides, it's also a "sin" against beer snobbery as well. ;)

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm really into India Pale Ale atm.

other good is

Guinness

And the Kilkenny(YAY) this is rockin'!

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hertog Jan (Holland) (Translates to Earl John)
    Mostly just lager, sometimes a sweet and heavy HJ Grand Prestige.
    They used to make 'Janneke' as well, a lighter lager perfect on a terras in summer. Janneke, according to the 'legend', was a farmers girl whom Hertog Jan fell in love with. Too bad they don't brew it anymore.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Although I do enjoy the occasional stout or ale I am a lager drinker at heart. In my opinion the king of all lagers is Green Tuborg out of a ten year old many times washed glass bottle. It doesnt work from a can or a plastic bottle or even from a tap. It needs to be from a glass bottle and it needs to be an old recycled one. To contradict my first sentence I am also a big fan of lighter ales like Newcastle and many of Sam Adam's brews.

10. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Altough I'm a lager drinker too,but when I visited in Germany I fell in love those wheatbeers they have there. Don't remember any names but they were all good anyway. Particularly those wich had thick layer of yeast at the bottom of the bottle.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I no longer drink booze, but Unibroue beers deserve a special mention. Maudite, La Fin du Monde, Raftman, Blanche de Chambly, Noire de Chambly (yup, it's a stout and a DAMN good one at that), Ephemere (special fruit-flavored beers that appear only once a year for a month or so), L'Eau Benite.

There was also a beer called 11. This sucker contained 11% alcohol, and managed to taste pretty good despite it's high alcohol contenent. Packed one hell of a punch too.

Quelque Chose is an oddity - cherry flavored beer which is supposed to be drinked while warm. It sounds weird, but I assure you it's pure decadence.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Chimay (Blue especially) is the best beer I've ever had!
    Guinness
    Troeg's (any type, but Nugget Nectar is my fav)
    Stella Artois
    Hoegaarden
    Franziskaner
    Smithwick's
    Dogfish Head IPA (a Delaware beer - I'm partial)

13. nunsbane

nunsbane

Cold...
    I don't like Budweiser (it gives me a headache just as Jack Daniels but not other whiskies does) and don't drink light beer. The best beer is the one in my hand.

14. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Stella's pretty bland and watery, I agree, but if you hate it how can you enjoy Rolling Rock? Even more watery, bland and skunky.

The best beers in the world are Belgian ales like Chimay but I also love a good British bitter or IPA. Too many American "craft" beers make the usual American sin of overdoing it. "Hey, hops are good. Let's put 100 times more hops in our beer! Awesome dude!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.