1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Playing with 2 Characters

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by sh0guni, Jan 31, 2008.

1. sh0guni Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, so me and my friend have been thinking on playing BG2 trough with 2 characters. Anyone have any suggestions, experiments on own games perhaps?

I was thinking about Thief/xx and Mage/priest myself....

What to you guys think?

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work. I'd have gone for a Thief/Mage and a Ranger/Cleric (a pretty powerful multiclass) if you want to include all of the 4 main professions, but that is just personal preference.

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

A Cleric/Ranger and a Fighter/Mage/Thief can do everything!

My favorite 2 player party was with a F/T (halfling) and Sorcerer (Elf). Very powerful, very quickly. It made things a bit too easy IMO.

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I did a F/M/T and a Sorcerer a while back. You'll have 1000's of potions and all the regeneration equipment in the world, so healing isn't that big an issue. I think I ended up grabbing Sarevok for ToB, but with a bit of patience it could be done without him. Sorcerer made the early game a cinch and the FMT really come into his own after getting stoneskin.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You could make a sorcerer and take Imoen. Just be careful with the choise of spells, since you will need summons to tank the mobs and enough defencive spells. Ironskins + mirror image is enough for most cases, but before you get skeleton warriors it might be a bit difficult without melee support.

Later on Boots of Speed can basically break the game if you use them to burn'n'run.

6. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i recommend sorcerer PC (+ edwin later on)

take web and spider spawn as soon as you can, these are two great spells that are going to get you through early encounters easily

later on with edwin, high spells and nishruus/skeleton warriors as summons everything is going to be cake anyway (except a few endgame encounters in TOB which are really hard)

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Guys, I think he's talking about him and his friend creating a character each, so suggestions of "xyz and an NPC" isn't really what he's looking for.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Play whatever you enjoy. This game can be beaten with a solo character -- any class. Two characters should not be too difficult either.

The choice of characters would depend on what kind of player you are. I think the game is easier if you have a thief. I really enjoyed playing a solo cleric/thief. They become insanely powerful when HLA's kick in.

The Ranger/Cleric with Fighter/Mage/Thief (or just a Mage/Thief) would be good.
    An Inquisitor or Undead Hunter with a Cleric/Thief would also be fun.
    A sorcerer with any kind of meat shield would be interesting (perhaps barbarian or monk).

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Have you played the game many times?

if yes, then play a party of a druid(Shapeshifter) and a ranger(archer)

or a cleric and a monk?

my favourite solo of all time is an assasin, one could make a theiving party of an assasin and a bounty hunter?

10. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Cleric + Monk is a really interesting role-playing choice, as is the Druid + Ranger and the Cleric + Paladin.

Barbarian + Assassin also offers some nice RPing. The Barbarian beeing the crazy one and the Assassin the subtle one, trying to keep the Barb under control.

Me and one of my friends are going through the game in a bit and we're gonna go Fighter/Thief and Fighter/Mage, both multi-classed.

Oh, and you gotta love Chaotic Neutral Wild Mages. Don't miss out on that possibility ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.