1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random housemate/people you live with ranting/venting thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Strife, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    We found last night that someone has made a hole in our kitchen wall. By the looks of it, they punched it. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, no-one is owning up to it. None of the girls are strong enough and none of the guys look even vaguely like they punched any hard surfaces, plus have alibis. The worst part is that we will probably all have to pay for it to be fixed, since we cannot find a culprit.

In addition to what you mentioned, it also allows you to avoid living with people with unpleasant habits. One of my flatmates can be rather disgusting.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

In my first apartment there was this guy who never ever wiped the floor after shower. I think the bathroom still has a nice layer of hardened goo on it. Oddly, he was sharp about keeping the toilet clean while also stashing away all the trash-paper to whatever crevice was available.

I was too lenient with him.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    As if to make this day totally rotten :mad: my silly soon-to-be-ex-flatlass has arranged successor sessions for tonight - not that this isn't a thing I strongly appreciate in principle - she just announced that my presence therefore is needed, from roughly 19:00 to 21:30 :mad: Point? We agreed on one visitor tonight, meaning some half an hour, because I have some things to do and finish tonight for tomorrow that I now have to do later - because whether I participate or not, there will be open house, which is fun considering that I'm getting sick, and need some extra hours of undisturbed sleep, and got to work tomorrow at 8 am anyway, and I'll have to get up at 6:30 am. I am currently pondering whether I ought to call the darn thing off.

Such surprises are just why I'm happy she leaves. She has a month off before starting a new job, and - idle hands are the devils tool - the excessive and unused to amount of free time gets her silly ideas. Now silly ideas are much less silly when you know them early. In true style I learned that she would move out the day she signed the contract for her new apartment, about one and a half weeks ago, in a half sentence, when she complained about the utter stress she had to undergo seeking a new flat. The poor thing. It's after that no surprise at all that in a second side sentence she added that she wanted to move out to the end of February, which means she wants to huddle all the successor seeking in as short a time as possible. No. Way.

Who's succeeding her is not so much her business but mine, because I and my other flatmate will have to live with her successor. I will not allow her to rush me into to trading one nuisance for another.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Officially, I'm living with my sister. She's just never there, since she's practically living with her bf, which suits me fine. Of course every time she comes to pick up her mail she complains about the unwashed dishes and the funky smell they give. I just don't give a damn.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    I just told my above mentioned soon-to-be-ex-flatlass that I am indeed angry about her 'overreaching on her mandate', and predictably she snapped. It'll sure be a joyful evening.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mate got absolutely caned last night, came back to the gaff and pissed in the shower, thinking it was the toilet. It still bloody stinks!

7. Ragusa

Media:
    My soon-to-be-ex-flatlass has been really annoying today. We had interviews today, again (non-)organised in impossible 15 min intervals - not that she learned anything from Wednesday. What irked me is that she not only always tried to sell us the candidates, but also tried to pressure us on a quick decision. It ended with her telling the interviewees that we would decide today - which is as impertinent as it is impossible. First, we have to live with her successor. Second, we might not reach a candidate, making it impossible to decide on the second tier candidates because tier one response is still out; so it would be a promise that we might be unable to keep. Third, it is not her decision, period. If she is in two rental contracts now because her frills got the worse of her - her problem - had she acted sensibly she could have arranged for all this easily since December, but she had to do it all in a rush, without previously informing us. I don't see why I now should see my hand forced into a decision only because she is getting hysterical about paying rent twice. That's the risk of contracting baby :rolleyes:

So I and my other flatlass then calmly interrupted her and said that we couldn't say how long it would take us, maybe till Sunday evening. The whole situation wasn't made better by the fact that she apparently felt the irresistible urge to .... apologise to potential successors for moving out because she was incompatible with us - her palpable discomfort in combination with our friendly calm that must have made an intimidating effect, which we neither intended nor desired. To our relief, she eventually went off in what must have been frustration and visited a friend.

Fun part, even though I was sick throughout all the interviews, this is some of what we got: A transsexual, one depressive guy who didn't want to live alone (no, I'm not a therapist), one English base player and forklift driver (nice lad) who had a crinkly handwritten letter from his mother that she would cover all costs :outta:, one chick who said her old flatmates threw her out because they didn't like her any more *high pitched giggle* :outta: and one actor who entered the room with the confident remark that he would take the room. We jumped on the unexpected opportunity and took turns in tormenting him with probing questions even though we knew that very second he was out :evil: Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition! :evil:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That sounds like a real cabinet of freaks you got there. :D

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Aye, quite a few oddballs.

As for my 'stbef', the greatest disasters are in her mind only. To give an impression, when I say I that had a bad day, she sais: "But that's horrible!" and I say: "No it's not horrible, it's just a bad day; it's not that bad." Maybe that's just sematics, but I rather think that her perception is self amplifying. Also, despite all that empathy socially she's something of a klutz. Yesterday she was close to a nervous breakdown. As for why I do not really comprehend. I'm pretty sure I don't want to comprehend. I do understand that she directed her explaining as to the whys of her leaving primarily at us, but still it probably must have left a disastrous impression on everybody who didn't know, and clearly she was too preoccupied to even consider that possibility. Alas, when she's relaxed and at peace with the world and/or herself, about once a month, she's a nice person to have a chat and a cup of coffee with.

Also, we're keenly interested in quickly finding a suitable successor, in that respect that ought not to be a thing for her to worry about. If her condition continues and we can't agree on a candidate today, because sadly, top choice already found something else, we'll handle it and completely blend her out, to her and our benefit.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So, let me introduce you to my peops:
    Above my place lives a fat, stinking, alcoholic german gay. Mind you, nothing wrong with germans and gays, but this guy is annoying. The fact that he's an alcoholic should say enough, but he stinks. He's also lonely and often complaining. He wants attention that I don't wanna give. He knocked on my door a few days ago and asked if I had some sugar. Right....

Then we got my blonde female neighbour. A bit nagging and uppish, but she's about to join the army as some sort of officer. She often thinks she's right, but most of us know she's not. Her emotional blackmailing doesn't work on me. If any of yo want to invade the netherlands, wait for my sign. I'll let you know when she joined the army.

There's a couple nextdoor. They are boring and much more diehard christians than I am. There's a word for them that we dutchies call "burgerlijk". I don't know what that would be in english. Civil? Established?

Since a few weeks there are 2 guys in an other room close to mine. They're from Slovania, I heard. They seem okay, but they don't speak a single word in English. Needless to say their spoken Dutch is nonexistential.

There is an other girl upstairs. Well, she rents the place. I never see her. But her cleanwashed laundry is in the laundry-room for days. In big piles of wet cloth. I don't think that's a good thing.

Then we have one of my best friends. Needless to ay I like the chap, but last week he bought a house and will leave this place in a few weeks.

And last but surely not least: There is this pretty girl, bit crazy, lots of fun and sweet. She is half American and a non-practising jew. She's also a lesbian, I'm sorry to say. She's cool and we have lots of fun lately. She likes the greens. It makes her funny.

Lots of stuff happening in this place, but I just found out I am too tired to tell right now. :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  11. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Well, it seems that I'm not the only one living with hard-to-live-with people.

I left on a holiday for 10 days, with only that messy and dirty housemate of mine left in the house, and surprisingly, the house is still in general good condition.

I guess my letting him know in no uncertain terms (in other words, cursing him out) what I felt of his behaviour did work out. Should have tried the tough treatment months ago instead of trying to be polite.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yay for Strife!
    Now lets hope that he keeps cleaning things up for a while and doesn't fall back in his old pattern too soon.
    Oh... and with 'he', I mean his housemate. :heh:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  13. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Housemate decided it would be a good idea to tell me, the day before it happened, that his friend was coming to Australia to study, and since said friend hasn't found a place to stay yet, he'd be staying with us "for a while".

Now, I've been in the same boat as his friend before - I remember how I felt when I first went to a foreign land to study and knew no one there, plus the stress of finding a place to stay. So okay, I said fine, so long as it's not for too long - I don't want to end up housing this fellow even when school starts and so on (my sympathy only extends thus far :p)

It wouldn't be so bad if this friend wasn't an exact replica of my housemate - seems to be yet another spoilt rich kid who hasn't done a bit of chores at home and thus has no idea at all how to behave, nor any idea how much work it can be to clean up. Dirty dishes, stains on the dining/coffee table, messing up the entire living room with his luggage and clothes strewn all over the floor, messing up the bathroom, you name it.

And I somehow have this sneaking suspicion that his staying "for a while" will turn out to be much longer than expected..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.