1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Screen, Big Problems :(

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

[​IMG] I just recently aquired a 19 inch LCD monitor to replace my old crappy 17 inch one and I THOUGHT it would make things a lot easier for me, oh how wrong I was :cry:

First of all, IWDII looked SO BAD with my big screen, I had to open up the locked resolutions (only being able to use the top one) and still it looked terrible :( Finally I tried playing the game in a window ... YES I GOD DAMN WINDOW :( That was the only way I could make the game look nice again because otherwise it looks too hard and yucky.

Another problem also arose. It didn't matter what setting the graphics were on, or what resolution I played at, the 'fog' would always flicker when I scroll the screen, and trust me it's ANNOYING!!! So what should I do???

2. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    I have a 19 inch LCD monitor. It works just fine. Your drivers, perhaps?

3. Fly2tHeSkY

It was working fine with the 17 inch ...

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I also have a 19" LCD and i don't have any problems, I would agree possibly the drivers, you did load the software provided?

5. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have a wide-screen 19" monitor. I run the game in one of the unlocked resolutions -- can't remember which one. I had that flicker too, but I got rid of it by experimenting with some of the settings.

You should try Baldur's Gate (vanilla) on a 19" monitor. Now that's primitive! :)

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I run the game in the unlocked unsupported resolutions and it works fine.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Included software? Are you talking about Direct X? Well this computer is new so it may not have the correct version maybe that's it ...

8. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Not sure about DX - if your computer is new, then it probably has Windows XP installed, which has DX9 bundled in with it.

Another possibility is your monitor refresh rate.

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Well I didn't install Direct X on this one so I thought it could be that, but this screen is waaaaaaaaay better than the other one so could it really be that? :cry:

10. Fly2tHeSkY

I've tried a lot of things and it still flickers everytime i scroll the screen! What can I do to fix this because it's making the game unbearable :(

11. LeslieShrum Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am having the same issue with the fog of war flickering when I scroll. I have tried adjusting everything I can think of, and cannot get it to stop, but it is seriously keeping me from playing.

It is a new pc, bought less than a week ago, with Vista home premium on it, it is completely updated and running DX 10. And cannot find a way to adjust the settings so I don't know what to do if that is the problem...

It is a wide screen monitor, but it was bothering me to look at it so big, so I turned the wide screen off, and have it set to 1024 x 768.

I have even tried running it in Compatibility mode for XP.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find ANY support anywhere for the game. Sorcerers Place seems to be the only place with anything, and all I can say at this point is Thank goodness. I just hope someone can tell me what to do to fix this so I can play

12. Fly2tHeSkY

OH wow, old thread =) lol yeah I don't think I ever found a solution to this problem.. which is why I havn't played IWD2 in sucha long time.. because I just can't handle the flickering..

Annoyin isn't it :bang:

13. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I always play in a window. I get annoyed if a game doesn't have a window option! (Playing Fallout at the moment - boy does that look bad!)

14. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm not sure if this helps but in my 25' widescreen I'm using widescreen mod in BG2. From PPG I presume?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.