1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ha, so someone fancies you, Charl.

If your heart lies elsewhere, better give him the exact time and date.

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm in high school now, so about two years over-under would be it for me. Well, maybe three younger since they're in the same school (freshman there), but it's still a little not quite normal for me.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Yeah, I figured. I just don't like such situations. I prefer clarity. Anyway, I solved it without being too direct or mean. Thanks for the input. :)

4. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

She's coming over today! And we're all alone, Tymora grant us a little luck! :)

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, it's not. And if you say your heart lies elsewhere, he won't feel it's something wrong with him, like he isn't good enough or something. You may feel he doesn't need to know, but it's nothing specific, so you aren't letting out much, and it will help him get over it. Wish you luck where you heart lies, by the way.

Edit: Ooops. I was too late. Anyway, good luck!

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Ya, thanks. :)

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, I spent some 3+ hours on the phone today with a nice lady I met a month ago, just like a few days earlier. While the attraction is mutual I prohibit myself to get excited about it because she lives 600km away. Another long distance relationship is out of the question for me. So it's nice, quite nice, but somewhat disappointing.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Well, I'm single now

9. Disciple of The Watch

Tough. At least now you can bang the other chick.

What happened, exactly? She dumped, you dumped, things f***ed up?

10. Daie d'Malkin

I broke up with her. It wasn;t fair on her that I liked the other girl more, and it wasn;t fair that I string her along and let her get even more involved if all I could do was hurt her.

11. Disciple of The Watch

I'd say you did the right thing, Chibi.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Thanks, buddy. Still hurts though.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, understably so. Give it time and keep in mind you've done the right thing and it should go along smoothly.

As for me, my last could-have-been invited my bro and myself for a few drinks this weekend. Things have been settled, so it's all good.

What isn't good is that I suspect my housemight crush on me. Wait, it gets even more interesting - she's involved in a serious relation. I have an uncanny ability to attract this kind of woman. I have yet to figure out what draws them to me, despite the fact they're seriously involved with someone else. She doesen't interest me, so no drama this time, hopefully.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@DotW

maybe getting male housemates will solve the problem? :D

@Daie

Yeah, you''ll be okay. I think you did the right thing as well. Now go get the other one.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I really think I need to take a vow of celibacy and perhaps disappear into some temple or monastery somewhere...
    In an attempt to distract myself momentarily from the recent rejection I recieved and to allow said friendship to try to recover, I made a few friends on FaceBook who I actually talk to via the mail/messaging part. Anyway, by just trying to be myself and to show the give-a-damn, interested-in-meeting-new-friends side of me, it would appear that perhaps oen or two of them may be developing further interest...mind you the're in completely different timezones...wtf?

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Carnival's ahead, and I find myself pondering the opportunities inherent in carnival :holy: once I've done on my glue tube costume. Given an opportunity, I am unsure whether I'd choose the sparrow in the hand over the pigeon on the roof. Yet just now I appear to close in with a lady from afar. Why can't it be easier?

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rags, you're a lawyer. That job doesn't pay well in the beginning, but you're en route to bigger cash. Don't know what job she's in, but I'm betting she isn't a student collecting strawberries, either. At some point you'll have to start a house and a family, so it doesn't really matter that much where you get the woman from.

And carnival's getting over. :p Lent's starting soon, so time for reflection and other things than chasing. ;)

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Eh, I somehow knew you'd say that :p

19. Daie d'Malkin

Gah, I have no idea how much time I need to give my ex before starting a relationship with someone else. Especially as the someone else is her housemate.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe. Daie, if you're looking for "the right time" when your ex wont hate you or feel betrayed, the answer is: never. Lets face it, technically while you wont be doing anything wrong, it'll still look like its being done in bad taste. You just gotta power on through. Maybe a month? haha

In my own life, I am having a ton of fun here in Salamanca now and all I'm now lacking are girls. I'm hitting the Carnival in Ciudad Rodrigo this Saturday too Rags. Whoo, running with the bulls! Frickin excited!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.