1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aldeth, the foppish mute

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ziggyveld, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Good day to you all! I seem to have run across a slight problem lately on my latest EasyTutu runthrough, and I came here in the vague hopes of having a proper answer to my query.

First and foremost... my party is currently in the Cloakwood, and upon encountering Aldeth, decided to give him a hand with his druid problem. Normally, the battle is rather straightforward: a few slashes here and there and the Shadow Druids are no more. However, one of my mods (Sword Coast Stratagem) seems to render that battle substantially tougher -- namely, the apprentices are potent casters now, and Seniyad shapeshifts into a bear when he drops below 50% of his health...

Now, the problem arises when I dispatch Seniyad and his apprentices. When any of my party members try to talk to Aldeth again, however, he has nothing to say. He spouts his voiced line, but there's no dialogue box where he thanks me for saving his city posterior from these vile treehuggers. Basically, I cannot complete the quest (and I suspect I won't have access to the continuation once I reach Baldur's Gate).

However, I am not certain if the issue stems from the fact Seniyad shapeshifts during the battle and the kill is therefore not recognized by Aldeth. That's just my gut feeling.

My currently installed mods are:

Tutufix
    BG2 Tweaks
    Sword Coast Stratagems

Any thoughts? It's not a completely gamebreaking issue, but I would like to be able to complete that quest (and all subsequent ones in the future pertaining to Aldeth).

2. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wasn't so hard after all.

[​IMG] After a thorough in-game search, I've managed to work around the problem. For anyone else who may have had the same problem with Sword Coast Stratagem (or to facilitate the search in case it crops up again), here's the solution:

Apparently, if he shapeshifts, you may have a problem talking back to Aldeth once the druid is brought down to justice. To avoid this... instead of just wailing at Seniyad to bring his health down slowly, a Dispel Magic (or similar spell) that takes down his protections will allow you to strike quickly past his defenses and quite possibly take him down without incurring Aldeth's speechlessness (you have to be quick, though, because if he shapeshifts, you're out of luck). :D

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Seniyad shapeshifts? I didn't notice! Methinks my party is getting a little too efficient to see all the SCS content. Thank you for the warning anyway.

4. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Might repport it at G3.

You don't by any change have the shapeshifter rebalancing mod from G3Tweaks installed? If so uninstall that.

Regards

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.