1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Goodbye Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I'll be moving on staruday and from friday onward my internet access will be seriously compromised for some time. It's difficult to predict how long it will take for me to get a proper connection set up. It could take anything from a week to six weeks. In any case it will probably take a few weeks before I'll be posting again.

3. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Best luck, Morgoroth.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Best of luck with the move Morgoroth.

As for me , finally a well-deserved break (if I do say so myself), as I've decided to NOT take any work with me (it'd probably just be dead weight anyway). I'm taking a couple of weeks off to do the Grand Tour: Barcelona (Spain), Mol (Belgium), London (England), Exeter (middle of nowhere :D ). Take care everyone, I''ll post tales of wonder and excitement when I'm back :)

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    ...I found out yesterday that an old friend of mine died a few days ago. :cry:

Apparently he was riding his bike when a car hit him. He went to hospital but they couldn't save him.

I hadn't seen him for a while, but it was a shock. Until death happens to someone close to you you don't think it can happen at all.
    :cry:

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn, that's horrible. Godspeed.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have court this morning. I may end up in prison and unable to post here. If I haven't posted anywhere by Tuesday, then I'm locked up somewhere.

:wave:

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hah, goodluck kuemp, I hope we hear back from you. Aren't we rioting if you go to jail?

Sorry about your friend, Magister, death is a tough thing :bad:

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yes, sorry for your friend, Magister.

Kuemper, good luck.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm off for the Christmas break, so I'll be absent from the boards and SP for 2 weeks. I hope the withdrawal symptoms don't kick in! I should be back just in time for the new year's eve festivities.

Take care everyone, and merry Christmas!

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Enjoy your Christmas break Ziad.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've been having this ennui for a long time and couldn't figure out what was causing it until a few days ago.

I'm leaving BoM. Permanently.

As much as I enjoyed posting here, nothing is holding my attention. I can only live by Whatnots for so long before it becomes stale.

Tal - thanks for the great site.

:wave:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, you might change your mind in the coming months... ;)

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Another one bites the dust.

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The loss, why not just take a break, no reason to leave all permanent like! Sniff, sniff, we will miss you!

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh no! :jawdrop: G'bye mother of all demons! I know I'll miss you :cry: :wave:

Please visit SP sometimes! Maybe once a year at least or something. But if not then fare well and best of wishes for you and yours!

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Bye, Kuemp, we'll miss you.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    That's bad news. :bad: But when you go on to say,

That is REALLY bad news. :cry: I hope you change your mind.

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, it's my turn to say goodbye and that's what I will do. Perhaps not that many will notice, since I haven't been very active in the past months because of simple reasons. For one, I have graduated and got a job, so I don't really have that much time for boards anymore. I like my job and try my best there, so that kinda sucks most of the juice out of me.

Second, there hasn't been too much activity here that would interest me and many of the old peeps are gone too. Sometimes I think everyone here is just a close friend of the admin and I'm an invader on their private turf. I got reminded of this a few days ago by Splunge, who wondered my "attitude" and why I keep posting at all. You know what? You're right. I really don't have any reason to keep posting.

Taluntain calling me a prick still hurts too.

Third, I found out that World of Warcraft really is as addictive as they say, since it offers a whole lot better way to interract over the net than text-boards. I'm currently advancing towards the Serpentshrine Caverns with 25 other peeps with my priest and it has been a whole load more rewarding than the ol' boards. It's also much easier to approach people there and solve your quarrels than on the boards, where miscommunication can last for a long while.

The funny thing is that someone said along the lines of "We won't see you again now, Wordplay" after I posted about "Checking out what the fuss was about with WoW" about a year ago. Kinda hit the nail on the head now that I think about it. I'll probably drop by to update my fan-fiction, Secrets of Journals, once in a year, but for now I will say "goodbye."

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just close friends of mine? I could hardly manage so many...

As for calling you a prick (must have been a few years since I don't remember it any more), I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. It's not really that strong of an insult though, and I'm sure it was justified if I resorted to using it at the time. But that's ancient history in Internet time.

As for WoW, well, you're not its first BoM victim and I'm certain not the last. Work is going on to make plain-ol' message boards more in keeping with the times, though. Check back in every once in a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.