1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've actually just been given a dose of this myself, someone quite close to me seems to have let me down quite badly but I have no idea what to do in response... can't physically lash out because this person is female but I don't feel that simply stating how I feel will quite do the job :confused:

Oh well :beer: :beer: :beer: should help when I'm off shift

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, that daily commute is a little too much - kinda like going from Utah to Los Angeles every day, Kitrax. :)
    Actually many sculptors weld metal works together...but it's a very different branch of 'art' than yours of film, flix, or mine of narrative fiction.

Work (or lack thereof) sucks, school sucks...I think we sidetracked you before you carried on to the inevitable conclusion that life sucks. :bad:

-----

ION, I had a very jarring moment waking up this morning.

{long story short}
    I was dreaming, and slowly waking up, and got to that stage where I was aware of my surroundings, and consciously rolling over in bed, rubbing my wife's back, etc. when she said something that linked perfectly into the dream I was starting to wake from. :jawdrop:

...and it was relating to her dream. :eek:

Here's my dream:

(I've been playing Morrowind...a LOT. So it's natural my subconscious would use that background)

I'm playing a kind of 'Elder Scrolls MMO' and dunno whether it's an official rule or just a 'in-game tradition' to be obligated to administer to a building's wiki page if you're going to reside in that building in-game.

So I've staked out a rather large abandoned building in Ald-ruhn...I think it might've been Ald Skar.

(To non-TES-players; Ald Skar is the shell of a giant crab - like perhaps five hundred feet across. It makes up the 'rich' part of the town, with manors and guild halls hollowed out in the sides (and into the earth) with this enormous open 'mall' in the middle with walkways and bridges connecting everything. Think 'abandoned school' or the like. FAR bigger than any MMO player could ever use)

Anyways, there've been a handful of people that have 'squatted' in the place for a little while over a year or two, usually just making some vestigial edit to the associated wiki page (or even a few just asking a question on the article's :talk page), and I'm going to be as permanent in my residence, but I have vowed to do a better job and overhaul the wiki article, at least. So I do {long story short} and then I get to in-game stuff for 'moving in'.

So at this point, I'm going through some weird 'housewarming' ceremony. At one point, I have to collect a wide variety of alchemy ingredients and cook them all into a...'pie' (it looked like a giant Cornish Pasty, to be honest, sitting on a big platter).

{By now, I'm semi-conscious, and the dream is starting to fade...probably because it's not making a lot of sense in relation to the daytime conscious world. :lol: Also I'm snuggling up to my wife and lightly massaging her back, and we've both mumbled stuff to each other.}

And I move my character and this assembled 'casserole' into one of the manors and down to its kitchen, and I'm putting it into an oven that resembles a kiln, when my wife announces, in a clear, distinct voice that indicates she's fully awake:

"French Fries are good, but they are difficult to cook straight on the oven rack."

:mommy:

Oooooooo-kay?

So this snaps me fully out of it, and I ask her what she was dreaming about; she recounts a vivid recollection of fighting alongside Angel & Spike and co., then taking 'civilians' to hide in a department store - which is safe from vampire incursion as long as the place is closed for business and the doors are physically shut - and then morphing into Star Wars with a clone of Luke working for the Trade Federation and then ends up with her in a diner where Bruce Campbell is the 'waiter' and she's getting fries, but they want to bake them instead of deep-fry...

Very weird that we 'linked up' our dreams like that...I'm sure we didn't vocalize anything more than "mmmmm" or "backrub-good". :)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You talk too much.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Eerie stuff, JE.

I've had a good weekend, Fully Ramblomatic combined with whiskey and Talking Heads is probably the best way to kill time ever.

Still searching for the iGlasses, most make me look like a professor or a newsguy... and I want to look like me, not like them.
    Strangely, only the glasses that have the rim under the lens (and not on top) make me look like a human being.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Only had a short shift at work tonight... highlight was that She was there...

ION found a cousin of mine on Facebook who I haven't seen in a very long time, that's a bonus, and I just may have found a way to get in contact with my father (or as my sister and I refer to him The Sperm Donor) who left when I was about 5 and re-appeared for a few hours when my brother got married...

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I should be asleep right now...but I'm not. Instead, I'm spamming here after playing 2 hours on my GBA. :bad:

Time for a shower, and then, possibly sleep. :D :rolling:

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate people. :mad:

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

My son should be here in an hour...

9. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Another stab in the back! I'm getting sneak attacked here like a barbarian without uncanny dodge.

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, it's a comfort to know so many SP'ers are as unhappy as I am. Or, well, more unhappy than I am. Actually it's very cheering, now that I think about it.

OTOH - I am actually sorry to hear of the work, school, friend, and life problems so many of us are having. Mine fall in all the categories except school.

Maybe a little snow tonight. That would be fine.

Babble, grrr.

11. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

It's Monday morning and time to start work, bah!

Feeling surprisingly bushed even though I slept for the better part of 7 hours and didn't wake up once during the night (well maybe I did and I didn't realise).

Yawn, time to get cracking.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

My son's just gone home about 5 minutes ago... :(
    What's worse is that just after he got here he was looking through my PS2 games, spotted some particular one and said "My other daddy has that one" :cry::flaming::cry:

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    ...I'm sorry man. That'd make me sad too :o

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

For some reason, I'm always tired on Sundays. But also, Sunday is my busiest day of the week. It makes me want to take Monday off just to recover from the "day of rest"...

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Gah, work. Hate Mondays.

16. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Uni goes back today, funfunfun... Not...

17. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That's just wrong :(

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Aint it though? And this crazy wench spent about 6 months crying on my shoulder about how much of a b@st@rd this guy has been to her...

Some women hey?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Aldazar, awful.

I miss Santa.

Urrggh babble.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Geeze! Isn't' there anyone besides me who's life isn't in the crapper? You're all depressing! :skeptic:

I mean, sure, my life was deep in the crapper about 2 or 3 years ago, but once you accept that life and the world aren't going to cut you a break, you fight back...metaphorically...and things start turning for the better soon enough.

Back when I was about to give up, I was deeply in debt, lived in a tiny apartment, had a lowly job in fast food...making minimum wage, a car that was breaking down, and had so much stress that I developed a patch of gray hair before I was old enough to drink. :bad: For the longest time, Jessica and I felt like God hated us because every time something good would happen to us, something twice as bad would soon follow.

When I asked Jessica to marry me, things still didn't improve. We decided to put our lifestyle on hold and move back in with my parents. Things started to turn around slowly. Within a year, we had paid for a wedding and a honeymoon, we had a better car, I had a much better job, and stress was a lot lower.

Fast forward to today...We live on our own again, we both have good jobs, and we're making good money. I'm going to school without paying a dime. Our debt is under control...and at the end of this month, we're moving out of this crummy apartment to a much bigger town home. :D

Anyway...my point is: If *I* can do it, so can you. :) :rolling:

Ofelix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.