1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is this the end .... ? (Question about Viconia Romance - Spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ragusa, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I am playing through the Viconia romance with my actual halfling fighter-thief. Well, after I met the Lolth-priestess and her pet I had a conversation with her and she said she had to think over things. Soon after she left me declaring her love - will she return, are there other options ?

Spoilers are welcome ;)

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

as allready in the feature list of ToB, all romances will continue.

I felt lost first time I got that dialogue, but dont worry, you are afterall an irresistable godling ;)

[EDIT]
    That dialogue is the last in SoA

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 17, 2001).]

3. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's it for SoA, but there's more to come in ToB (though please don't spoil the exact nature of it here as I don't yet know!)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yeah, you are a thief so you shouldn't have problems with stealing her heart/love.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Thank you all very much :) Since all my questions are answered now, spoilers are no longer welcome :D ;)

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

She never left me... After that demon we still had a few conversations until she said we can't continue like this and it'll never work out. I managed to convince her to stick around because I needed her, but after that she didn't say anything.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

well... that's no problem, as long as she keeps doing the dishes, washing and cooking... :)

8. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

It doesn't matter if she leaves or stays after breaking it off with you--her romance is still active, just dormant, and you can still pick it back up in ToB just the same. (-:

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I don't know about ToB - but Ragusa, if she left you in SoA, she's gone for good. :(

Start weeping *evil grin*, she's all mine now :p

[EDIT]
    Yeah, pick her up again, where exactly? *glower* :mad:
    I guess where all other NPCs can be picked up - but where is that place and how did they got there? Someone sucked them out of a finger? :mad:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited August 17, 2001).]

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

That's not true, Extremist. If she leaves you after telling you your relationship has no future, her romance variable is still 2. That means the romance is still active. So when she returns in ToB (as she will), she will pick up exactly where she left off.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I actually found out that I can keep her in my party .... I just chose the wrong conversation variant :( .... and panicked ;) since basically the Viconia romance was the reason to play BG-2 SoA to ToB again.

I reloaded to do the dialogue again and this time she stayed. I'm looking forward to ToB when it will continue :D
    In SoA I sacrificed my rep for my romance and in ToB she perhaps will sacrifice her alignment foer me ... a fair deal :D

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited August 18, 2001).]

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Don't you mean you hope she'll change her Gender for you? :D

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Headbanger, ROTFL!

-------------------------------------------------

Tjekanefir, my question was simple:
    Where will she respawn in ToB after she left the party?

I don't care about variable values. The script how to act says "DestroySelf()". The same command is issued if your reputation is too high for evil NPCs or too low for good ones.

So, the exact location in ToB where romanced NPC who left the party in SoA (for good) will be found is...

Fill this sentence please.

14. Ragusa

Media:
    The exact location where to find her in ToB is your stronghold in the abyss. There is a mighty ghost that can "summon" all party members of your choice ...

Anyway, when you have ToB installed and kill Jon Irecnicus in hell you and your party will be teleported to a mysterious forrest (means: into ToB - and there is a movie that explains why) and from there you (and everyone in your party, including Viccy ;) ) will be teleported to your abyssal stronghold and there the new story starts ...

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

nobody disappered from me, I started up with my whole party as it was in SoA

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] So, you say if Edwin left me because of my 20 rep - I can get him again!? Geez...

Won't he leave my party again with that rep?

What a lame idea - I'm really taking a second thought on buying ToB.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    I am pretty sure you can .... this seems to be a really mighty ghost ;)

18. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Extremist--you could get Edwin but he would leave again. I think this still makes since because Edwin would be pulled to you by a divine force.. then would leave again under his own will.

QUESTION: I am having the darndest time with the Viconia romance myself. I am quite far into it--I have actaully hit a point that she is no longer 'romancing' me because she thinks it won't work out BUT I didn't get attacked by the handmaiden/demon. How long does this take to trigger? and will she start talking to me again before this???????

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

personally i did the aerie romance. But i think you should most DEFINATELY buy ToB. it is amazing. I like the idea that you can either load your final save to start it, or just finish the game and it carries on, Very clever stuff really.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks a lot for the hint .... since I have both bought and played it already (with the Jaheira romance) I know what you mean ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.