1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can a romance continue if you kick the lover out temporarily?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

For instance, I'm playing a Berserker > Mage (well, I haven't dual classed yet), and I'd like to take advantage of all the XP when I do switch classes.

Can I kick Anomen out of the party, memorize all my spells, and have the romance still be active when I ask him to rejoin moments later?

TIA

2. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think kicking a love interest out of the party pretty much kills it for good.

3. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Depends on the romance, actually.

For example, you can't part ways with Jaheira without killing the romance (except when she leaves on her own during her sidequest). She actually hints at it by saying "things won't be the same" if she ever joins back.

With the others, I think their romance will survive a removal from the party if you get them back within a few days (in-game). Three, I think, not sure on this one. At least with Viconia, this is the case.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You can kick a romantic interest out for three in game days, after that it is set to 3 (finished). The exception, as stated above is Jaheira who can only leave voluntarily without breaking the relationship.

The Magpie likes this.
  5. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i kicked aerie for a few hours, romance continued normaly

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

That's quite interesting. I'd always assumed kicking your lover out was a dumpable offence, without ever bothering to test it (or check it in WeiDU). Props to 8.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.