1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Resurrecting dead characters

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hollowpoint, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Hollowpoint Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi can anyone tell me how to ressurect jan jansen at the copper coronet ,because i took him out when he was dead and replaced him with another character and now hes lying on the floor of the copper coronet.

any help will be great thanks.

[ July 07, 2003, 18:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Vamp FlashRam Gems: 1/31

If you removed him from party then you are screwed.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hope you still got an auto-save...

4. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

corpses can be targeted with raise dead, so you can try

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

go find vicci....

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Priest spell "Raise Dead" or Jaheiras "Harpers Call" might work. If not I think you´re "fckd".

(sorry for any mis spellings, I´m pretty drunk)

7. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well when I want to raise from the dead Coran in forest of Tethir who was killed by a wolfweres I couldn't do it.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Coran is not a NPC, so that's why you couldn't do it. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can't raise someone if you removed them from the party. if you really really want Jan, then summon him up from the console.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rod of resurrection maybe? I never memorise any raise dead spells.

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I never do either, you get the rod from that mage as part of Heir'Dalis' quest very early in the game too.

If a charactor is in your party and you use the rod of ressurection on their body, not their portrate, they will come back to life, but not if their portrate isn't displayed on the right hand side of the interface aka still in your party.

In brief: he's gone for good

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just CLUA him in. If he is dead and there is no portrait of him in the portrait bar on the right, you can't raise him. You can raise only people, whose portraits ARE in the portrait bar, unless it's some special circumstance I have not heard of.

12. Vamp FlashRam Gems: 1/31

rod of ressurection and raise dead will not work. if you removed him from party he is gone

13. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] You also may not Raise any character if their HP has sunk below -9 , even if their picture is still over on the right side of the screen...

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    ...unless you are playing on Normal or Easy, in which case you can raise them after -9HP.

Then again, I think you're screwed in this case.

15. Rewisuk Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I think you are pretty screwed in this case. I did the same to yoshi in my game. There may be a wat to bring him back with raise dead but I don't know of any.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.