1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Battle

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lady agony, Nov 16, 2002.

1. lady agony Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have my main character at 18 the other fighters are 17 and 16 and the mages are like at spell levels 6 and 7 (levels 14?) I can't get past the 3 demons. I have the 10 evil radious but everyone dies in the first 4 rounds except my main character.

Should I get my mages up? Even the evil radious does not stop the devils. Should I have other spells activated? Getting really upset with this.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Easy way: haste, run away, summon creatures, watch how they get spanked, summon magical swords(planetars are of great use in this point, shame you don´t have them), let the demons spank ´em while your hasted fighters will give them some serious damage...

The easiest way: do all quests, lv up to 20, then just haste and watch how pieces of demon meat fly.
    Of course, on 'insane' it´s a bit trickier, but I assume you´re playing on 'core' rules.

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] what i did was
    (before door)
    summon monsters on either side (sumon monster 3 is fine)
    summon wizard eye (believe me this is one underrated spell)
    then haste

do the door listen to speach
    get your party to run down (using the mouse to highlight them not the botton so the summoned monsters stay)
    now you can highliht the group (using the botton not the mouse) so the wizard eye is included in the group then click attack on the slayer.
    quickly disengage the attack for your party (except for the wizard eye) now the slayer is busy for awhile triing to kill the eye lol (wizard eyes are damn near invincable!)
    then summon another creature to get the demons seperate for your party to whack
    once they are out of the way deal with the slayer :)
    *note this will take awhile and probally multiple wizard eyes

4. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, before you put the last tear in place, summon the most powerful things you can (especially those great morkanden swords!), then cast as many protection and combat enhancing spells on the whole party (especially prot. from evil in this case against demons) and then the 4 demons at least should die in seconds - mass-attack them one at a time, winged ones first (I think they have less HP's). Then Irenicus is fairly easy - just follow him around attacking and using 'Oracle' or 'True Sight' spells if necessary when he goes invisible. He soon goes down.

5. Jason Gems: 1/31

What I did was I sent one person with the tear while everyone else was in this one room in the lower right and ran back there. I then went to the pocket plane and kept warping back and forth to kill them. I know its cheap but it was the only way i could do it.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @Jason - I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. How can you go to the pocket plane (a TOB thing) before you complete SOA?

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

and isnt it the one "you must gather"-thingye when you tries to change room... ME for one think that you are lying...

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You are very low level for the final battle, if I were you I would try to reload to before Suldanessar and gather some more XP. Plenty of that around.

9. Akujin Gems: 1/31

heh, indeed, its a simple battle if you are a higher lvl but it can be insane at lower levels. I remember the 1st time thru the game with sumthing around those levels, finally managed it but all 5 of my companions had died, 2 of them permantly. It ended with a slayer versus slayer battle which lasted quite a while :/

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Fond memories of frustration at that battle. I hear that turning into an illithid helps a lot, just suck out Irenicus's brains for dessert, yummy.
    Or lure and kill, and reload :)

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you don't like happy endings, you could just get killed...
    :p

12. Jason Gems: 1/31

Sorry, my bad, I thought that you were talking about the last battle in Watcher's Keep, not the endgame one of SOA.

13. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[Ah well, you were warned. Maybe now you'll read the forum descriptions.] -Tal

[ December 10, 2002, 20:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

14. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Best use for your magi in the final battle is to summon monsters yourself. As long as you can control up to five monsters, nishruus and haekshars are fine for the job, since they have certain immunities. Use them to hold the demons and concentrate your attacks on Irenicus. Make a mix between ranged attacks, using arrows and bolts +3 and melee combat, just to make the Assassin concentrate its attacks on your fighters while the archers do the real damage. Heal your party with the clerics or with time stop and limited wish spells. Maybe you have to try several times, but Irenicus should be defeated soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.