1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hubby's going to be off work 5 days next week. Damn Canadian holidays! :nolike: Boxing Day is for 4am sales, not pipping off. :grr: :lol:

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm getting glasses, strenght -0.75. Mesa people gonna Nerd. :aww:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me sings in Peter voice

"I bought some gifts for you, they're up in my bum." :p :grin:

Got to love Family Guy. :D :rolling:

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Christ, I might actually get this essay in today! It's only 6 days late...

revmaf likes this.
  5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Work forgot to give me my pack check along with my pay slip, now i gotta walk back in, GRRRR!!

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Gah, flu! ...but I need the money, so that's why I'm spamming from work :sick:

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

DJ, you rock. Those with less stellar grades - you know, grades aren't the whole story here, though I guess you have to pass to get enough credits to get the degree.

I am about fed up with the ditzy so-called "Christmas" music they are playing everywhere around here. I suppose I should be more philosophical but it's like listening to elevator music now.

Bah, humbug, babble.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No job. The law firm I've been working for for two months, 40 hours a week, has decided it has no permanent job opening for me. In turn, I have decided that I have no more incentive to work for merely a recommendation.

revmaf likes this.
  9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. Try -8.75. Then you'll know the meaning of the word "nerd". :( :p

revmaf likes this.
  10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Chev, sorry. Pin mistletoe to your coat tail as you leave.

It is about to rain. It may snow on Christmas morning. This is sentimentally nice but practically bad since I hope to be traveling through the mountains that day.

Yeah, tell me about thick glasses. Reminds me, I need to get checked.

Got one of those Christmas cards today with illegible signature and no return address and postmark I don't associate with anyone I know. 'Tis the season for anonymous greetings.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Splunge, it's not the strength, it's just the idea of glasses. Even sunglasses make me look like a Beatle (and that's the most pleasant picture I could find), so I can't imagine what the normal ones will make me look.

I sang that last Christmas, made people ignore me... Nowadays I'm only selling buttscratchers.

12. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

/me bows

Grades are one of the few things that I'll toot my own horn about, because I was such a lazy student in high school. You know "Oh, she could do SO MUCH if she just tried..."
    And anyway, I've only got one more semester before I'm finished with my two year, and if I can hold my GPA over a 3.5 I'm guaranteed a spot in our extremely difficult to get into 4 year school. And bragging rights.

@Dalveen--:( I'm sorry! I hate those assignments that are basically your entire grade--I always imagine the ominous tolling of funeral bells when I turn one in.

Bleagh, waiting for the plumber to turn up is like waiting for a pot of water to boil. In Alaska. With the burner turned off. For all eternity.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I was instructing someone pretty much as I was leaving, which was after doing something pretty much no one else could do, which was way after my official work hours. A bit of style for the last day, I guess.

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Dj, it was only 25%, my exam was 60%, so messing up the exam was worse.

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Glplh....durrrr. :coffee:

Legs ache all the time now; I dream of [CENSORED] party trays; and my new 'least favourite xmas carol' is "Silver [CENSORED] Bells"...our store has eight covers on its playlist, and we frequently hear at least two in sequence, so we can contrast singing styles, revised lyrics, etc.

And I'm beginning to hate people. I can still put on a sincere front, but that little icy core in me that wants to carve some idjit's eyes out with a salad spoon is getting a little bigger...

In Health News, I kinda feel bad for all you folk with vision that requires corrective lenses...mine is fine. :(

...but if it's any consolation, my ability to hear people is gradually fading away, and there's nothing that can be done to fix it. (neurological loss of ability to distinguish language - especially picking it out of background noise - rather than any actual failing of the ear itself)

ION, am playing 'designated driver' for my folks tonite; on the way to drop them off, we had 'their' radio station on (lotsa spiritual music, hymns, etc)

Well, just as we were getting there, a peppy, upbeat, 70's polka rendition of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" started. :jawdrop:

It was positively surreal to hear these chipper people - whom you could tell were smiling as they sang, despite it only being audio - belting out lyrics like:

and

and

We all agreed that it was rather silly and not a little unsettling. :nuts:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Glplh is a very under-used word.

17. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Chev: Sorry to hear that, hope you find a new, better job soon.

I might be in the same boat soon, been working for a small company for 4 months doing silly VBScript programming. First 3 months I was on contract, and then I had a performance review and apparently boss doesn't feel I deserve a contract yet - thinks I'm too slow, skiving on the job and all, which is true to a certain degree I guess. In my defence, I blame the work for being boring and tedious. :p

So now I've been working the last month without a contract, but still getting paid, and I should be getting another review after Christmas to see if the boss wants to offer me a permanent position.

I'm guessing not, and the feeling of being jobless soon, without income, really sucks.

As for grades.. I don't know, I was one of the top students in my CS course in university, and apparently all I learnt was how to do well in exams and assignments, and the real world seems so much more bigger and complicated. Looks like I can study but I can't produce the goods when I need to.

I'm starting to wonder if I should even pursue a career in programming. Feels like I'm not really cut out for it right now.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I drew my first Chibi stick figure.

19. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You know how you eat that little sliver of pickled ginger after having a sushi roll in order to clean your palate so you can fully taste the next roll? I have found the ultimate palate cleanser for the deluge of Christmas that's starting to become unsettling: Creedence Clearwater Revival.
    I see a bad moon rising. I see trouble on the way. Oh yeah.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nonsense. I use it every day. Usually when I'm trying to drown myself.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.