1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've been a couch potato all day. I just watched an episode of Scrubs, the last two episodes of Heroes, and then watched Superbad along with all the extra features. :xx:

I feel like I should have smoked something to get away with loafing around that much. :p :rolling:

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Magister,
    not by choice. Our boiler broke down, so we were without warm water in the shower/ bath for two and a half weeks. And that is extremely annoying, to put it mild. We got a brand new heater, that happened rather fast, but it needed a new, proper power supply. It's almost funny, but our landlord's electrician of choice sent a Russian worker, who did a fine job, but didn't speak German enough to be able to fill out the respective fax form for the power supplier. That incomplete form and the appalling organisational incompetence of said electrician kept him from contacting the power supplier at all (until we pushed him a bit, on which he responded by lying about having sent the fax) so they could send another electrician to fix the counter. I know he lied because the power supply company told me when the fax arrived - after said let's-raise-some-hell call. Well, I don't care. It's important that we made it arrive.

That we then got an appointment by our power supplier that had to be cancelled because the worker they planned to send turned out to not be responsible for our area (never mind that he was free that day) was just the cream on the cake. But I want to forget about all this and I look forward to the long, warm shower I'll thoroughly enjoy tomorrow morning.

The silly thing is that from my two flatlasses the one who's usually absent (stays at her friend's place that has a functional shower) is incessantly and emphatically complaining about it, while being by far least exposed to the problem. That wee poor thing. Gee, I don't really have patience for that and she'd better shut up.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh. That's why.

I'm counting down the days till Christmas.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I think the temperature is rising, but we still have much snow on the ground. But it hasn't snowed any more since Sunday night...

Meanwhile, There will be more hay moving before the week is out. I should have no trouble with my Christmas shopping...

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Thanks Revmaf...I really do appreciate your concern

...But for now I'll just take it lightly and go humming "Insane in the membrane" and not get a hole drilled in my head... :shake:

It's not a pressing matter and it's about the size of a thumb...Methinks of making my signature as "Pixies put a thimble in my head so's I could hear their music, but it doesn't work..."

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Note to self: Scaring people with "There can be only one!" and beating them with a big stick isn't generally considered to be a good idea.

Sanity is confining. :nolike:

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Until the monkeys attack. :mommy:

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ok, I've an hangover, did I really had to drink so much at yesterday's party? Meh.

9. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Hangovers suck. Why didn't you just stick with the Mary Jane in order to avoid such an affliction?

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The easiest way to avoid a hangover is to stay drunk. The second-easiest (:skeptic: or is it? :skeptic:) is to stay sober. ;)

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh I did that too :lol:

12. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Holy crap, 100? Nice work dudes!

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Eh, all plans to actually take my day off are on hold in general end-of-year franticness.

Nevertheless, I am determined to enjoy the season as Christmas approaches! And if all works out I'll be able to take 4 days off during Christmas week - though not Christmas Eve, but that's OK.

OTOH, I may be condemned to another drive to Ktown on Friday (that elusive day off, remember?) because of unfinished general office stuff that necessitates a meeting there. Oh, well.

Babble, babble, babble.

14. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Wow, and now we're without any hot water. This is going to royally suck.
    And, if that wasn't enough, my computer has started randomly freezing. Yay things that don't work!
    And you know what? I don't care because I passed all of my classes and STILL have a high enough GPA to stay in the honours society. It's pretty hard to ruin my mood right now.

15. Lord Domino Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ah, I noticed the RB thread was at 99 the other day and made a point to catch it at the next thread. 100 of them! Awesome!

16. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    DJ, lucky you. My last hope of passing my courses this year was dashed when i got back the two reports worth a total of 25% of my module, i got C's, which sucks, cos they wont give me enough percentage to make up for my crap exam.

Good news tho, i got Boxing Day off, which means i can spend the whole day with my family, although i have to work Christmas Eve instead, which isnt so bad, cos i will finish early and can go out drinking.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

For the last few days, my sleep patterns have been wierd. I am awake most of the night (when I want to be asleep) , but have trouble staying awake during the day. I'm hoping that I can get back to normal today...

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm... I've got a ton of stuff going on right now... But I don't feel like babbling about it right now. :bad:

I just want a 12 hour nap. :) :rolling:

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Er.... sounds like Sunday fighter practice to me....

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Borrowing Temple of Elemental Evil from my friend... maybe I'll be able to get past Character Creation now. Last time I started playing my lift turned up just as I clicked to start the game. Was a pity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.