1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Linvail

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Stubaru, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Stubaru Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In chapter 7. Just came into town, and Chief Inspector hired me to clear out the thieves guild with the Amn soldiers. Which I did...BUT the door to Linvail's quarters is locked. I killed his buddy the mage, who has 'Aran's key' but the door still wont unlock. It can't be picked and knock wont work.

I have gone into Shadowkeeper and given myself another one of 'Aran's Keys' but it still wont open. My nearest save game is back in the underdark, I have no interest in redoing the last 2 hours of the underdark.

Thanks,

Stu

2. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nice name! - the following is pretty spoilerish.
    I think you may have misinterpreted the quest. In chapter 3 you can attack the Thieves guild by request of the vampire Bodhi, but you do not get this option after the underdark.

After the underdark (Chapter 6) you will be asked by the elves to take out Bodhi, you can then get help from Dritz, the Order of the Radiant Heart and the thieves guild (through Aaron Linvail). You should not be attacking any thieves at this stage.

3. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Stu
    Its a quest from a mod mate, as I have done it a few times too.

@Stubaru
    Ummm, there are two keys from what I remember, one held by the mage and the other by the fighter who ambushes you in the room with the fake buildings...

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ah - that makes a lot more sense - out of curiosity what mod is it?

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It's from Quest Pack, I believe.

Stubaru: There is a button you have to click on to open that door.

Dan Simpson: Go up the northwest passage (x 1100 y 1600). At the fork, turn right and
    go up. Make your way across this bridge, through the enemies until you
    reach the room with the false buildings. Beware of traps in here, they
    will Maze you. Head up the northeast passage. This will be heavily
    trapped. Here you will find a big red glowing button (x 3550 y 300).
    Push it to open the first door.

6. Stubaru Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wow, thanks alot fellas I was 100% convinced it was a glitch.

Thanks again,

Stu

PS: Right back at ya Stu!

7. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's Quest Pack, yes. I'm glad it turned out to be working.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.