1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just another bunch of adventurers...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by kaucukovnik, Nov 17, 2007.

1. kaucukovnik Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When playing any CRPG, I try to give the character(s) some depth and personality. And Baldur's Gate offers great options for this.

Now I'm trying to find my balance between roleplaying and powergaming. This is my party of adventurers imported from BG1. They have quite high stats, which I know I'd be able to roll - my former chars had similar values. I can post the stats later.

Name Race Class Age Alignment

Daenor Human Kensai 28 Chaotic Good
    Thorgand Dwarf Barbarian 178 Neutral
    Fimbrethil Half-elf Ranger/Cleric 19 Lawful Good
    Siegfried Human Swashbuckler 23 Chaotic Neutral
    Milwa Elf Archer 131 Chaotic Good
    Meneldor Human Fighter(8)/Mage 33 Neutral Good

I have never been exceptionally great storyteller, especially in my non-mother tongue. But I'd try to transfer some of my ideas through the story my BG party.

Do you like the idea of some from-time-to-time updates on lives of my six adventurers?

EDIT: corrected the table
    EDIT2: Corrected the elven archer age.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Two quirks:
    A 178-year old dwarf would be old, corresponding to around 65 for a human. Okay if you want a grandfatherly figure.
    A 27-year old elf would be only a few years out of diapers. Any elf out adventuring would be over a century old.

3. kaucukovnik Gems: 1/31

The dwarf is meant to be quite old and experienced (he has Wis 17). A dependable veteran fighter - lvl 8 is nothing low for a dwarven lord who has defended his home against invaders for his whole life (until recently).

And the elf...ouch! My personal idea of elven aging is reaching age of some 20-25 years and then age only because of grief, so the happier life an elf has, the longer he will live. But in Forgotten Realms I should stick with the given rules. So maybe 131?

;) Thank you! This was a serious flaw. :shame:

4. bugmenot Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Depends on what kind of elf he/she is. Allow me to quote the relevant bits.

Starting adventuring age for different elves:

Gold Elf: 125+5D10
    Moon Elf: 100+5D8
    Green Elf: 90+5D8
    Aquatic Elf: 75+5D6
    Drow: 60+5D6

This is according to Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves

Adolescence ends at:

Gold Elf: 145
    Moon Elf: 125
    Green Elf: 110
    Aquatic Elf: 90
    Drow: 80

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

131 for a dwarf would be about...47? (125 corresponds to 45).

Some quick copies from posts I made a couple years ago in a thread called NPC's Ages

EDIT: Took time to find that thread. I'd listen to BMN on the subraces; that looks like FR-specific info.

Stu likes this.
  6. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

thats what i was thinking, and your info above proved it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  7. kaucukovnik Gems: 1/31

Thank you for all your help. This is very...ermmm...helpful to me, because in Pnp I'm used rather to a friend's own roleplaying system and world.

I'll keep the dwarf that old - this is the way he was meant to be. The elf is changed to age of 131 years.

Maybe I should post portraits soon. :)

8. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

sure go for it.

it will be interesting to see what they look like.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.