1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Art from Khajitt and Argonian too human in Oblivion

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Merlanni, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The non human races in Oblivion are too human.
    The orcs are not bad, but the argonian and the Khajiit are wrong. Clothing, human breasts, no accent.

[ October 31, 2006, 14:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How would you rather see them then ? And wasn't it the same in Morrowind ?

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I heard accents from Orcs, Khajit and Argonians.

What exactly do you want to see from these 3 races? Argonians slithering around on the ground and through the water? Khajit slinking in trees and the shadows? Generally, acting more like the beast they are decended from?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Do the Khajiit still waddle like the Argonians in Oblivion too, or did they fix that?

5. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In the Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind, they mention several different forms of khajiit, even ones indistinguishable from Tolkien elves. Can't explain Arggies though.

6. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For the Khajits, yes, many different species, as for the argonians looking more human... that's pretty simple, Morrowind was the exception in term of Argonians appearance, basicly, they were human-like in TES1 and TES2. The Khajit and Argonians were not supposed to be selectable races at first in MW, which is why the Argonian was more beast-like in it, Khajit has an explaination, so yeah.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm seriously confused why argonian females have breasts... they're reptiles right? They don't need breasts because they don't breast feed.

But I agree with the OP. I think the beast races should have 'humanoid' aspects such as walking on two legs, hands and a mouth capable of forming words but they should be more similar to the creatures they are supposed to be associated to. Khajits should run on all fours when spriting for example or something.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

They should make them more cat-like by having the Khajitt sneak on 'all fours' and wiggle their arses when they are about to pounce on their enemies!

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    In Oblivion at least, Khajiit make cat noises when you hit stuff hard enough.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Do they purr when you touch them gently? :p

11. Felinoid

No, they just tend to purr at you if their disposition is high enough.
    They did keep disposition in Oblivion, didn't they?

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The Khajitt should have six breasts. I guess the designers wanted people to be able to identify male from female.

13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    More post have arrived, and my point is made. I just looked at a khajitt body and saw 5 human toes, five human fingers. only the face and tail are non human.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I think they changed the look of the beast races in oblivion because they could not wear boots in Morrowind, which put them at a disadvantage. don't you think? ;)

15. Felinoid

Or helmets, IIRC. Though it did bring some funny moments, like the Argonian in the Bloodmoon expansion who ships you to Raven Rock and also back to Vvardenfell. One of his voiced greetings is, "All I ask for is a pair of boots. How hard could it be?!" :lol:

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I think the designers heard his plea. Anyway, the Argonians and Khajitt are fictional races. Who says, in the magic world of oblivion, that the autonomy has to make sense.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You mean that in Oblivion they can wear boots? Damn! I would have chosen a beast character if I had known that. I completely avoided using them for only that reason.

I do agree about the sillyness of breasts on lizards though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.